Sunday, January 11, 2009

Facebook

I have now joined the b'jillions in the Facebook World . My friend in California was telling me how it has enabled her to connect with people that she went to school with and such and that I should really look into joining in on the fun. Now, I typically stay away from the normal frenzy of the masses and do my own thing but curiosity got the best of me so I have made my own little facebook imprint on the internet world.
I must say what a nice surprise it is. After becoming a 'member' for just a few hours I had one guy from high school contact me, which I thought he had totally forgotten about me in the first place, but more importantly I came across a classmate that I had gone to school with since grade school and was very happy to find her. So at least there is one bonus. I hope to keep in contact with her for a long time. Pearl is really, really smart, very creative and wickedly funny. She and I had loads of fun in the classroom growing up. It will be good to catch up with her. I'm almost anxious to see how many of my former classmates look me up. I certainly have a select few that I'd like to touch base with. I guess joining the masses isn't always a bad idea. It just gives me one more thing to play with aside from work and a second school career. Is there ever enough time for creative hi-jinx outside from our daily adult life and responsibilities? elizinashe

2 comments:

Lee said...

Yay you're getting more and more checked in to the technical world! I'm just glad I have more options when it comes to keeping up with you! Miss you and enjoyed talking iwth you tonight.
*big hugs*

Nan

Bernie said...

I just 'discovered' Facebook too. Several friends at work are members and I decided to try it. I'm amazed at how many old friends I've bumped into online now and how much more I now know about the personal lives of co-workers. Actually that last part might not be so good. :)