Monday, March 22, 2010

Mother Earth

Remember those old 70's Parkay Margarine commercials that ended with the quote "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature" ? Well, looking back at this past season of unusual weather I think we have pissed Mother Nature off.

Our weather here has been quite unusual. We had a very wet winter last year, a wet spring, a rainy summer, a damp fall and our winter season blasted in on December 18th. It's been a helluva ride this year. Saturday was a beautiful 'first day of spring' and yesterday was gray and cold again. Today we've got spotty showers, a chill in the air and some stray snowflakes that melt as soon as they land. Sheesh!

But the weather all across the globe has been unusual. There have been numerous mudslides, many rockslides in our area, a lot of rain followed by flooding & loads of snow. (and I do mean loads!) I think the first snowstorm hit the midwest states before the holidays which shut down many an airport all across the states, stranding many peeps in an airport for days as they were trying to make their holiday mecca. And then the blizzards kept coming. Snow drifts higher than a grown man, numerous power outages, stranded folks and travelers alike and many school days cancelled. And now that winter is slowly leaving the jet streams, the midwest is now battling flood waters again, the northeast got hammered with a pre-spring storm toppling trees and power lines in a 3 state area a couple of weeks ago and my hometown area got slapped with a little more snow just this past couple of days. There have been earth quakes in Hati, Chile, Taiwan, Turkey and a small shaker in LA just last week. (or at least I think it was last week.)

Wow! That's a lot in a year's time. So my question is what did we do to piss off Mother Nature so bad? She must be really mad. Maybe she's going through menopause. Geeze I hope she gets happy again. elizinashe

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Good insight! Definitely sounds like a menopausal Mother Nature.

Different thing: I'd love to see your other readers make some comments. I'm feeling lonely here in the comment box. :)

elizinashe said...

thanks! I wish I did have more readers. I'd like some more feedback although I do like your insights. maybe somebody surfing the web will find this amusing enough to become a regular reader.