Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lists & Clutter

I'm a list maker. Grocery store items, household items, things to do, people's birthday reminders, doctor appointment reminders as well as a variety of bucket lists. My 'bucket list' reminders usually end up sandwiched in some book or in a pile of stuff that you forget to throw away and sometimes you find the said bucket list squirreled away in some odd, random spot for 'safe keeping' just in case you make it happen or it actually comes true.

I have had one of my bucket lists laying next to my stereo for months now. It was a list that I had made well over ten years ago and had tucked it away until I had rediscovered it and decided that I needed to have it out in the open again. Now I'm thinking 'why am I really saving this silly wish list?' At this point all it's doing is taking up space and adding to my clutter of stuff that I save for no apparent reason. We all make bucket lists but what do you really do with them? I usually end up doing most of what I wish for however just not in the time that I wish it to be and some items come quite by accident.

So in hopes of not losing a piece of history from my life, which is why I think I save such silly things, I will share some of my 'bucket list' items from long ago and then throw this little piece of cardboard from a notepad into the trash. I really don't need to save this for the rest of my life but at least in posting my 'wish list' items it's still around for my own peace of mind.

  • go ice skating
  • buy a new car
  • hike the mountain behind grandma & granddaddy's house
  • hike Stone Mountain
  • own a grand piano
  • write stories about people I've known
  • snow ski
  • take flying lessons
  • have a black cat named Hecubus
  • have a dog or two
  • go to a formal New Year's Eve Party and dress up
  • take a sleigh ride
So what's in your bucket list and what kind of silly things do you save for years just for the sake of keeping a piece of your history around? elizinashe

No comments: