Wednesday, March 6, 2013

And So It Came....

Finally it snowed.  Only just a little in my area but just enough to screw things up.  I've been up since 5am all in preparations for my clinical that was to be.  Got word shortly after 6am that it was going to be delayed until 10am.  Texted a few of my study mates to confirm and pass along the message, ate some oatmeal and went back to bed.  Got up an hour and half later in preparations for the late delay and got updated information that clinical was to be cancelled altogether.  Whew.  That was okay by me since I slept horribly the night before and the roads were still quite dicey with high winds a-blowin' and snow still falling.  Communicated yet again with some classmates, turned on the tv and ate some yogurt.  (why was I hungry again?).

Fortunately, I was able to stay awake this time.  Stayed in my pjs for a while and then put some real clothes on despite that I was not going anywhere anytime soon.  I did however, get some school work done and posted some notes for my study mates for our next concept.   Finished some reading and highlighted my class notes.  Smoked too much in the process and had a cat in my space the whole time.  Fell asleep again around 1230.  (really?).

I was woken up by a big gust of wind.  (yikes!).  Thankfully nothing fell to the ground but it was enough to motivate me to get up and do something.  Feeling restless I went to my local joint for a late lunch and some wine.  It was a snow day afterall.  Ate half of my quesadillas, had two glasses of wine and took some apple cake home.  Good timing.  The roads were getting dicey again.  Reluctantly watched Oprah Walters, I mean Katie, because I don't have cable and there was nothing else on and I wan't in the mood to continue any more school stuff.  Took a few pics and plopped down on the couch.  

Then comes the local news.  And I eat AGAIN!!  As if I hadn't had enough already.  Sheesh.  What is it about cold weather that makes you eat all damn day?  They say when the weather is cold that your body needs more calories to stay warm.  Fine.  I get it.  I just hope that we don't have any more cold, wintery days ahead.  Otherwise I might end up entering the spring season as a big, fat bloated pig instead of a fluffy, spritely lamb.  Now to tackle the dishes and ignore the apple cake that's waiting for me in the fridge.  
Stay safe and warm my friends!  Spring has got to be on it's way soon!  elizinashe
Foo Dog is ready for Spring!











No comments: