Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's Been a While...

Have You Been Naughty or Nice?
Ah, the holidays...keeps us busy it does!   I hope you've got all your presents wrapped and cards sent.  If not, good luck.  I do like Christmas but I have learned to keep it really simple.  I buy for very few people and try really hard to send out cards to all my loved ones and sometimes with a letter!  No letters this year though...next time.  

I've recently experienced some more work drama involving one of my techs.  Geeze...this is new territory for me, as I pretty much get along with anyone and everyone.  The drama that is...But this incident takes the cake.  And unjustifiably so.  I've had a couple of issues with this person before, but this past week it was over the top.  Hell, I'm still trying to piece it all together.  Sadly, this person totally over reacted but I feel like it's not the end if you know what I mean.   Too bad they don't teach you how to deal with work related drama in nursing school. 

I've been on a bit of a cooking kick and madly trying to road test new crock pot recipes so I can take the leftovers to work, if not freeze them for later.  I even had a friend over for dinner to be my guinea pig on one of the newbies.  Thumbs Up I got.  And that one will be a "make again".  The downside to all this manic cooking is that it's kicking my ass with all the running around and getting groceries not to mention the bill itself.  But...I do have yummy food that's healthy and comforting.  That's the important part, right?  Bonus for today's trip:  the cheeses I needed for two separate recipes just happened to be "buy one, get one free".  Cha-ching!  Good thing I have a dishwasher now.  

So as I plug along this week to meet deadlines and promises before Christmas weekend I wish you well.  This chic will be working, but I planned well and took off at the end of the year.  And to much of my delight, I will have dear friends coming to visit New Year's Day weekend.  I can't think of a better way to start off the New Year.  Cheers to that!  elizinashe
Amen! 


P.S.  I have a crush on the Heating & Cooling guy that has done work on my place.  Just putting it out there to the Universe.  (wink, wink.)

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you had a quiet working holiday, and got some fun presents. God's blessings for a wonderful New Year!

elizinashe said...

Merry Christmas Linda! Hope your holiday was blessed and peaceful. May the New Year bring you much joy and new adventures!