Saturday, October 28, 2023

Happy Happy Happy....

Cheers !

 What is your "Happy Place"? 

 

I recently visited some friends in Maryland that I have not seen since the beginning of 2020.  Before the Pandemic chaos and before my mom died and all of the fallout that ensued afterwards.  It has been a long, long three years.  And I was way overdue for a fun vacation. 


My friends got married in September with family only at the Outer Banks, NC.  This is an annual family trip they take every year.  The Beach is their "happy place" and they decided that this year why not make it official and get married?  And so they did...and there was much rejoicing. 


So then I was posed with the  question "what is my happy place'?  


I had to think on that one a bit.  I'm not a beach person per say nor do I take an annual trip to any one particular location.  Certainly I do like being at home as that is how I regroup and center myself.  Especially with the working hours I have~that night shift sure can be wonky !


But I do like to travel and I am blessed to have very close friends who live in cool areas to visit and very special friends who live here in my area.  So if I had to choose...well, I guess my "happy place" is visiting my friends whether it is near or far.  


I don't care if we sit on the deck, share a meal together, sit at home and chat away.  Stop in at your favorite watering hole or check out a local brewery. Sit in the yard and watch the birds and the squirrels.   My time with friends is precious.  I don't need anything fancy~just time and laughter.  And oh!  Hugs and Kisses are the bonus.  Who doesn't like a good long hug?  


So what is your "happy place'?  


Until next time...elizinashe

Hooray For The Happy Place !

 

 

No comments: