Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Computer Skills vs. Creativity Skills

So my computer class is a real thorn in my side because it takes me forever to do the practise exercises and homework. I don't know how I screw it up so bad. I follow the directions in the practise stuff like I am supposed to and then go on to the homework that we have to turn in. It's always screwy but it gets done. Our unit project for this week is a newsletter with columns, four different stories with different headings, an ad and all the whistles and bells with eye catching colors. I may fuck it all up pretty well but at least I can make up some ridiculous stories and ads just to entertain my frustrations. If I'm clever enough perhaps I can figure out how to post my 'newsletter' so that my readers can have a good laugh. I do think it will be a good one. Too bad we don't get brownie points for silliness. elizinashe

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Good for you! Taking forever is a whole lot better than giving up. Computers are here to stay, so we should learn to make them work for us. Fortunately they are easier to use than 15 years ago (ask someone if they remember using DOS).

elizinashe said...

Thanks for the props! They are alot more user friendly today so I am thankful for that! The last program I used back in the day was Word Perfect. Ring any bells???