Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quick Topics

There has been less drama lately which is a good thing. The drama that was swirling all around me wasn't even my drama however it still infiltrated my world. So glad it's gone for now. Work is still a mess but at least I have a job. But I'm feeling the 'burnout' pretty heavily. The only thing that keeps me going is the routine and working with really good co-workers. I just want to get through my coming work week and think ahead later. Sure wish I could take a little vacation and get the hell out of town. Maybe after the new year.....

So the future King of England is engaged. This is certainly big news. I'm not much of a royal watcher however this is the opportunity that the Royal Family has been looking for to re-establish the glory of the monarchy. I remember watching Charles & Dianna getting hitched on the television. It was a hugely global event. This up & coming marriage will certainly be an equivalent. And if it is televised like his dear mother's nuptials were then I too will watch the big shabang. How could I not?

The holidays are fast approaching. Halloween wasn't even over when I first saw the Christmas chaos begin to appear in the stores. It seems that the marketing comes sooner every year. I find it a bit disgusting. Some stores are already opening early prior to Thanksgiving Day enticing shoppers to open their wallets. Some places are opening at midnight on Thanksgiving so jumpstart 'Black Friday'. Other stores are opening as early as 4am. That's just gross. I think it's sad that as a country we are so selfish and material that we would choose to rush the stores before the crack of dawn just so you can save 20% on an item that you or your children really don't need instead of spending that time with your loved ones and creating meaningful memories. There is not a single thing on the market that I would want that badly that would make me get out of bed and battle other shoppers. Nor would I get out of bed to buy said items for loved ones b/c if that's all they cared about then I don't need them in my life.

So that's about it folks. There is always much more to gripe about but I just won't go there. I'd much rather use my evening to vegetate on the couch and ignore the dishes in my sink for a little bit longer. elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Wow, finally something we can totally disagree about ... I have less than zero interest in the royal engagement! haha I might even blog soon about how crazy I thought it was for that to be 'breaking news' on most of the morning TV news shows.

Of course I agree with you about the holiday marketing. At least 1 store in my area is opening at 3 am and Toys R Us is opening at 10:30 Thanksgiving night. Most of my gift purchases this year won't be coming from a mall.