Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Don't Wanna!

My wonderful time of two weeks and five days away from school are coming to a close.  The break between our summer semester and the fall semester has been wonderful and I want it to continue.  No hurried doctor's appointments this time.  Just some good old fashioned relaxation.  The house got a good cleaning, I've been well rested without anxiety provoking dreams, had a fantastic girl's weekend and spent some time with my dad while he was in town visiting.  Too bad we can't store good sleep like a camel stores water.  I will certainly need  the extra zzz's.

Friday was checking back into reality as it was my first day back to work in over a week. I did not appreciate my alarm sounding off at 5am.  That was not nice.  Today has been glossing over the school website and downloading math calculations and worksheets in order to prepare for a very long day this Monday for our first day of class.  Class that will last from 9am until after 4pm.  Ugh.  Insert unhappy face here.  Tomorrow will be another day of work only to return home and fight those first day of school jitters.  Yuk.  I'm not even sure what to throw in my backpack.  As long as I remember what building to walk into at the correct time then I guess I will be doing okay.  

Got an interesting letter in the mail today regarding school.  Apparently I've been selected to join a 'society' of academic and leadership success.  Ha!  It sounds like a win-win situation not to mention a gold star on my resume and money for any future schooling that I may want to attempt.  I just find it funny that I was asked in the first place.  If these people only knew what I am really like they may change their minds.  haha....I can't even speak in front my classmates to give a group presentation.  I totally get tongue tied and flushed.  I hope to God that I don't have to give a speech in front of this so-called society.  I would surely faint.  I guess all that wine has had some benefit to my little brain.  And if that's the case then I toast to that.  Salut!  elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Congrats on the 'society'. Don't fear public speaking. I've been doing that for more than 30 years and I still get nervous every time. It means you care about it. Just pretend you're playing Gershwin on the piano in front of your mother and a friend. Easy.