Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Quick Bits

Summer is over.  At least school wise.  I now have two weeks and five days of freedom from nursing school chaos.  I am now a second year nursing student.  It just doesn't seem really real.  Can't believe I have survived this far and  I don't know how it will all come together in the end.  It all just seems so surreal.  Weird.

I have a classmate whose last name is Sharp.  His initials are G.F.  Thus, he is G.F. Sharp.  Makes me giggle.  Being a piano player for most of my life I can't help but visualize those keys in my head when I see his student ID tag.  Ah, the simple pleasures in life that make it comical.  Gotta love it.  

Ever start writing a paragraph over and over again trying to find that voice because you're having a hard time conveying what's locked up in your head?  I keep trying to write something about the Olympics but I'm having a hard time finding what I really want to say about it all.  So here it goes.  Haven't watched much of it because I don't have cable.  I did see the Queen's entrance, (funny) and I dig watching women's gymnastics.  I could care less about fencing and synchronized swimming.  China's athletes are strangely strong.  There's something fishy about that.  

I have now joined the Smartphone craze.  And I love it.  It's the coolest thing ever.  I went with an iPhone which I find very user friendly and  I totally dig it.  Makes me wonder what else Steve Jobs would have created had he lived longer.  He certainly set a new standard for everyday modern technology.   I don't have that itch to get the iPad yet.  I'm pretty happy with my trusty ol' Dell.  However I think it's beginning to show it's age and slow down a bit. I just need it to last through school.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

I will refrain from making any political rants or persuasions being that it's an election year.  I think it's going to take a long time for our economy to recover regardless.  However, what kind of idiot stands up in front of the NAACP and tells these people that his first order of business if elected is to get rid of Obama's healthcare reform?  Oh yeah, Romney.  What a jackass.  

So that's it folks.  Just thought I'd throw a few bits out there.  Just trying to keep the creative spark alive.  Peace out ya'll.  elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Nice post!
I haven't seen much Olympic coverage either but I did watch Mens' road race cycling and Women's ... both were great.
Agree on Romney.
Congrats on year 1. Told you you'd do it! Enjoy your break.