Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Survival and New Beginnings

What a long, long fall season it has been.  I survived yet another semester of nursing school and the holidays which have been peppered with beautiful days to nasty, rainy windy weather.  Luckily, I have had only one tree fall but there are still a few that could present with some danger.  I hope and pray that they stay upright until I can find another place to live as I have totally outgrown this little box and am very ready to move forward with my life in many ways.  

Money has been a constant worry and struggle this year.  I have fared well I suppose and have prayed hard for the right things to come my way.  Luckily, I was granted a small scholarship  from a professional ladies organization that one of my mother's friends belong to.  That was certainly a blessing.  Plus, I have received free federal money finally, (one which includes the NC State Lottery Education fund!) and some extra federal loans that I took out to keep me well cushioned.  A small sigh of relief I have.  Whew! 

The holiday break has given me much relief as I was about to lose my mind.  My house is finally cleaner than it has been in a very long time.  I might get one more good cleaning day done before school starts all over again therefore, the vacuum goes into hibernation.  I have had some really good sleep and very peaceful evenings.  Although I know some of our course content for the spring is already posted and I probably should look at it I just refuse to do so right now.  All I want to do is relax and get this little box of a home organized so I don't have to worry about it once I start back up.  I intend to thoroughly enjoy this break from school.  Many afternoon naps have been had and King Hecubus the Snaggletooth is very happy that he has me around to keep him warm as he likes to sleep right up in my face and stretch his paws up into my hair so they don't get cold.  Spoilage, I tell ya!  

So there ya go my readers!  I have just a few more things to cross out on my 'break from school' checklist and then I can start off my last semester with a clear mind.  I know for certain my little brain will be all confused and jumbled after that first day of orientation once class starts again.   I want to start off my New Year with all the good vibes I can get!  I will certainly need them to see me through this last hurdle.  Until then, it's time to do some cooking!  Woo hoo!  elizinashe








1 comment:

Bernie said...

Good vibes coming your way from my corner of the planet.