Friday, August 2, 2013

I'll Have the Steak Tartare Please....

When did pet food become so gourmet?  It used to be chopped beef, chicken or a mix of the two.  Now it seems that there has been an explosion of a variety of food to feed that special kitty or hyperactive dog.  

It seems the vast convenient choices of food for your furry loved one has spread into the adult like world.  Chicken with spinach and rice.  Beef with pasta and cheese.  Turkey and Duck.  Chicken and vegetables and Flaked Skipjack Tuna with Salmon.  What the hell is Skipjack Tuna anyway?  Never have seen that on a menu.  

Regardless, in my days of feeding Alpo to our family dog has changed drastically.  As my cat has aged over the years, he has gotten quite finicky about his food choices and very much prefers 'wet food' over his dry food.  Can't say I really blame him there.  I like eating moist stuff myself over dry crunchy stuff for my main meal.  However, it does become quite costly in this trial and error effort.  Ah, the joys of being a pet owner.  

Still, it cracks me up every time I go to the pet food store to buy little tins of meshed up leftover bits of some creature that he may or may not like.  However, I've had my little man for seventeen years now so I will gladly make the effort in keeping him fat, happy and healthy.  He's been my constant companion and the best unconditional love despite having another kitty for many years.  He's always been a 'mamma's boy' and has loved every minute of being the only cat in the house these last few years.  

How could you not spoil a loving face like this who can't wait until you get home so he can lay all over you at the end of your day?  Yeah, life is good for this one.  Even if his breath does smell fishy.  elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Does his breath smell like Skipjack Tuna?