Monday, February 17, 2014

Miscellaneous Stuff In My Head

I had a really good post stuck in my head earlier today, but I got caught up in doing housework stuff and running errands.  Such as finding one of those faucet attachments to put on the bathtub so I can use the sprayer end to help clean the damn thing.  What's that saying, " You cant fit a square peg in a round hole".  Yep, the damn thing won't fit the faucet.  Oh well, back to using a saucepan to splash water all over the tub to get the Comet out.  At least it looks better than it did.  Note to self:  next place get a sprayer attached to the shower head.  

The night shift work is going fine, however it's really messing with my daytime routine.  I have a hard time falling asleep not to mention I sometimes wake up around 3 a.m. and toss and turn.  I begin to sleep the heaviest around 8:30 am these days.  Right about the time I normally go to bed after coming home from working all night.  I really need to work on making day time plans so I have a reason to get up before eleven.  However, I feel like I've been planning my time around winter storms and bitter cold weather.  Hard to plan fun activities when you're expecting  wind chill factors below zero and 8 inches of snow.  Yep, winter has been just one big meanie. 

I think I'm getting an ulcer.  Really.  I seem to have a constant 'pit' feeling in my stomach.  At first I thought it was because I'm eating food so late at night, again, due to working nights but now even in my off time, I still feel like there's a 'blah' feeling in my tummy.  If I could just have one helluva belch, I feel like I'd have some relief.  However, even the plain old carbonated soda water hasn't helped me so much.  Maybe I should ask some other night shift peoples.  Long term effects from staying up all night?  Geeze....

I'm starting to clean out the basement a little bit more often.  And putting things back into their designated plastic bin instead of allowing it to live on top of the dryer because I've been too lazy.  I'm slowly getting rid of the crap so when I move it will be a less painful process.  I can't wait to leave this shack of a home.  I've got my eyes on a condo that I found on-line.  I haven't walked through it yet, plus it's more expensive than some of the others that I have found.  What I do like about it is that it's on a relatively flat surface meaning no creepy or steep hills to climb which will be a bonus when the weather is bad.  Plus, the garage has some shelving built in the walls.  Woo hoo!  Not only can I keep my car protected, I can be more organized as I so desire to be.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  If it's not for me then I hope to God that there is something better on the way.  My main concern is biting off more than I can chew.  Not only do I have school loans to pay now, I have a new car payment which means by default higher insurance because it's a better and newer car.  Ah, the joys of ownership.  I don't want to be pigeonholed into working nights for the next few years because the money is better.  It sure does help, especially when you work an extra shift but it sure can suck sometimes.  I will certainly grow an ulcer under those conditions.  Maybe I should give it a name just so I can get prepared.  What about Besty?  Or maybe Harold.  I think I like  Harold better.  It seems more fitting in my weird little world.  Okay, off to bed.  Or so I hope.  elizinashe.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

What about Uma Ulcer? Go for the alliteration.

Linda V. said...

Its probably acid reflux. Talk to a GI doc. I have to take an omeprazole capsule 1x per day, every day (or at least every other day)and when I don't, I get the same pit feeling. There is also some weird long word describing pre-cancer cells in my esophagus, where if I don't take the acid reducer drug, it could become cancerous, if untreated. Good luck!