Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rainy Day Lazy Day

I am thankful for today.  Although it was cold, gray and very rainy at least we dodged the crapola that hammered the Midwest and moved out to the North East.  I feel for my friends and family who were impacted by this winter blast but at least it's not me.  Does that sound too selfish? I am so over winter.  That Old Man can just go away.  Seriously. 

Speaking of better weather I actually got to get out and socialize on a different level for a change.  I feel like the last two months I've been planning my work days and off time around winter weather events which means very little time to plan activities with friends.  However, Mother Nature was kind and I went to a 'Black & White' themed party for one of my friend's birthday.  It was fun to get out and dress a little differently despite the struggle in putting on a pair of tights.  I almost forgot how to get the damn things on.  Really.  It sure it a bitch trying to slide those things up your leg and getting the belly part around your hips and hope they stay up where they belong.  I didn't dare try and go pee until I got home.  Haha...It would have been a whole new struggle getting them back up after a few glasses of wine.  However, I had a good time and it was fun just to get out and have some sort of social life for a change.  I hope to have more of those occasions.  

Did anyone watch the Oscars?  I did.  I like watching those shows from time to time.  I like to live vicariously and look at all the beautiful dresses and of course, critique them.  I secretly, or I guess now not so secretly, wish to have someone dress me up oh-so-beautifully and do my hair, makeup and dress me in jewels and drive me around to a fancy gathering and eat wonderful food.   I think that would be uber fun just for one night.  However, I think the tights my give me an issue.  

Sadly, I haven't seen any of the movies that were nominated.  Not from a lack of want, but mostly a lack of finding a fool to join me when we are both free.  Working night shifts can put a damper on planning social events.  However, I look forward to finding them on DVD and watching them in the comfort of my own home and in my pjs.  Now that's a fine way to watch a good flick don't ya think?  All of the nominated movies looked awesome and  I look forward to catching them all.  Hopefully on the next rainy, lazy day.  And in my pjs.  elizinashe


No comments: