Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blowing Around In My Mind

I wish our windy weather was as quaint as this picture.  However, it's not.  We are in day two of gusty air with some really powerful high winds.  The kind that makes my trees sway way too far for my comfort.  And it's especially creepy at night when I should be sleeping peacefully.  Every time I hear those strong gusts coming down from the mountains, I pray out loud asking that my trees stay vertical.  Don't want anything to come crashing down on me nor do I want to be displaced due to damage.  I don't handle upheavals like that.  I could care less about what happens to this place once I leave, but while I am still here I hope that the powers that be remain kind to me.  

I don't want to jinx myself too much by revealing too much, but the process of looking for a new place is a hot topic.  I've found something I really like, at least from the internet search slash photo spread but it may be slightly out of my reach.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if it's meant to be then all will fall into place nicely but I need to keep my options open as well.  It's a lot of space with hopefully minimal upkeep but it will require a commitment that will certainly pose a new challenge.  However, I might be able to handle that.  Just ready for the next phase without making a huge mistake.  

How do you differentiate a crush from a real attraction?  Both sound the same, so I guess what I'm really asking is how do you tell the difference from a little flirtation because you are receiving positive attention from a member of the opposite sex versus an interest that could be 'something'.  It's the kind of thing I haven't experienced in a long, long time mostly because my head was lost in the school thing, but now that I feel like I have a little more free time and my eyes have opened up to what's around me.  I actually have time to create a social life now.  Wow...how good does that feel?  Regardless, I know myself pretty well and I am definitely curious but I'm afraid that it wouldn't be the smartest thing to pursue.  But I have also learned that what you expect or want doesn't necessarily happen.  So, I guess I will just have to wait and see what may come to pass.  Whether I like it or not.  And that includes the new digs as well.  Why can't we get a letter in the mail, telling us which door to choose and which path to walk?  Wouldn't that be a delight?  But alas, then it wouldn't be much of a learning experience then would it?  Oh well...until next time!  elizinashe

No comments: