Sunday, April 13, 2014

New Beginnings

There has been a lot happening in my life the last couple of weeks and it has been one big whirlwind.  I have no idea where I'm really going and maybe that's a good thing considering I tend to overthink things a bit to which the end result gets me nowhere. 

I just bought a new computer and man is it ever nice.  I've been looking off and on for over a year now.  I just couldn't afford it plus the new computers have all this touch screen stuff or those sliding icons on the main screen which drives me nuts.  I like a simple icon on the screen that I can just click and access what I need to access.  

Anyway, during that time, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Mac and jumping into the Apple world a little bit more.  I made a checklist so I can get all my questions answered so I can learn a new device rather quickly and have all my usual suspects still intact so I don't have to change my whole 'using a computer system ' and get frustrated.  I just don't have time to re-learn a whole lot.  I want a smooth transition.  Needless to say, my questions got answered and there are free classes that I can take to learn this new toy a little bit more.  And so, I stopped overthinking and went to the local computer store that has saved my ass and my computer during my nursing school process and bought a shiny new Mac from them.  It's my way of keeping it local and giving back.  There's a bit of sticker shock involved but if I overthink it too much then I will have regrets.  So far, the only regret I have is staring at this fancy screen too long as the color is superbly sharp and makes my eyes dizzy after a while.  I hope it's just eye strain.  

And there is more to tell on the new digs but I just can't go into that right now.  I don't want to jinx myself but it looks like it's gonna be a really sweet deal for my new life.  Again, if I overthink it I will run and go back to old habits which I don't want to do.  I want to keep moving forward.  Therefore, sometimes you just have to 'let go' and let life guide you to where you need to be.  I just hope I can adopt this mantra a little bit more often as I know myself well and at some point will stop to think more than I need to.  However, slowing it down is not such a bad thing every now and then.  

And so, there you have it.  And this is my first official post on my new shiny pute.  Life is good.  I hope it continues.  Cheers!  elizinashe

No comments: