Monday, June 2, 2014

Where Is My Fairy Godmother?

I'm slowly and distractedly packing up my shack and getting stuff in boxes to move into my new digs.  I'm getting pretty overwhelmed with all this packing.  I wish I had a magic wand to make it all go away and moved in it's proper place, all nice and clean and in the orderly way I wish it to be. 

I'm trying to tackle on area at a time but it's beginning to be so much.  How did I ever acquire so much shit?  And why am I keeping so many stupid things that I really don't need?  The bigger challenge is my limited space that I currently have, so when I have five boxes already packed and ready, I don't have any more room to pack much more.  So it's all going in stages.  How in the hell did I get into this tiny little home in the first place?  Sheesh! 

I'm debating on a moving company vs. bribing some co-workers into helping me move the big stuff.  A moving company will be expensive but quick, not to mention if they break something then that's on  them.  The friend job poses a challenge as we all work different schedules and they have significant others and/or children.  But the bonus for the friend job might be cheaper.  The reward at the end of the day will be beer and tacos or wings if they prefer paid by me as their 'reward'.  However, that plan could be pricey as well.  Plus, if my friends break something then I'd be a little miffed.  Ugh.  It's a good thing I don't move very often.  I just want this move to go as smoothly as possible for the best possible budget.  Sending out the calling vibes to my spirit guides to get me through this project.  Wish me luck!  elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Get movers! Worth the money. You probably don't have all that much to move but it's back-breaking. And I believe you have stairs at your current place. "Friend" movers aren't pros and could fall and that's a liability for you. :)