Sunday, May 25, 2014

Old Stuff, New Treasures

As I was cleaning out a junk pile, I found a filing folder of papers that I had saved for creative purposes.  One pile was a bunch of special coloring sheets that are called 'Skills Animals' that we use on the child unit where I previously worked.  Another small snippet was the 'newsletter' I had to create for my computer class that I took years ago.  Although I found it quite frustrating to get the columns aligned and add some bling to it, I did have fun creating something most ridiculous.  I hate to throw good stuff away.  Especially something that I slaved over.  Only my instructor and myself saw the assignment.  Clearly I kept it for me so I could remind myself to write more creatively.  And being that I do like to share ridiculous things,  I will proudly share the first story I created on this silly make believe newsletter that was a class assignment.  Enjoy!

The Grand Poobah Poops Out
The Grand Poobah of the Great Lakes Ice Fishing Club collapses after the reeling in the biggest catch of the ice fishing season.  After a long wait sitting on his ice stool and sipping warm liquids GP Joseph Kanuck finally had a tug on his line.  That little tug became a long struggle, three days to be exact.  Fellow Ice Fishing Club members took shifts in passing nourishments to Kanuck who was more than determined to reel in his prized catch.  Finally as the moon was about to leave the horizon for the evening Joseph gave one last giant yank as if he was Hemmingway himself and with sheer force as his catch popped out of the ice hole the Grand Poobah was flung across the frozen lake behind him and was flung into a tree on the shoreline, his body wrapped around the trunk like flypaper, leaving him unconscious.  The Poobah was taken to the hospital and treated for ignorance and dehydration.  As for the giant fish, the hook magically popped out from the final yank and slid on the ice into a neighboring open hole and returned to his icy waters.  

hahaha....by the way, I got an 'A' for this assignment.  woo hoo!!  elizinashe

No comments: