Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Good, The Bad & The Arrrgggg!!!!!

I got the magical phone call today.  My new endeavor should come to a stop and papers will be signed on Friday.  Oh Sweet Jesus.  Thank you dear Lord but now what do I do?  Sheesh!  It won't all be really real until I sign my life away and get those keys and walk in that front door.  I'll probably fall to the floor in complete and utter disbelief.  Now I'm getting nervous.  I pray that all will go well and that I haven't gone over my head.  Got to have faith and move forward. 

Last week was quite loopy and this coming week will be similar I am sure.  I need a day to just breathe and not stress so much.  On a bright note, I did reunite with some of my study mates from school to watch one of our other girlfriends graduate in her 'pinning ceremony' for nursing school.  It was pretty surreal. One year ago, we were up on that stage.  Getting pinned.  That night, we saw one of our own walk across that stage and make her journey in nursing school finally complete.  Tears and all.  That was the highlight of my week for sure. 

Now, it's a new home for me.  Jesus.  So much has happened this last year.  It just blows my mind.  This week has started rather stressing to say the least.  My dear 18 year old kitty had to go to the vet today which is always traumatizing.  He freaks so badly that he has to be sedated in order for the veterinarian to exam him.  He starts bucking and hissing the moment I put him in the crate.  And there have been times where he wasn't sedated and the horrifying cries I hear makes my stomach hurt.  I was really worried that they would skip the sedation today since they asked me to 'drop him off' until they could get to him, despite that I had appointment reserved.  I'd much rather wait for my dear kitty and take him home ASAP but I guess the clinic was busy today.  He was there for like four hours.  Four hours that I spent worrying, stressing and sick to my stomach, knowing that the whole experience is extremely traumatic for my cat, who loves to sleep right up in my face and lays all over me when I'm on the couch.  However, he did get his anesthesia and a clean bill of health.  Guess he's just getting older and things are changing.  I'm just glad he's home. 

And to add to the pot o'stress, I heard a really strange knocking sound coming from my new(er) car when I was turning to the right.  Sigh...not cool.  I've spent two years stressing on my Xterra while I was in school because it was constantly breaking down.  I prayed every day that it got me to school, got me to work and back home safely.  I don't want to be praying about this car yet.  It's too soon.  I just freakin' got it!  Ugh.  And 'googling' the 'what is this noise' on my car does not help matters.  It just adds to the financial worries.  Don't believe everything you read, right?  Easy to say, hard to do.  Therefore, I have reread some passages in a book that teaches about having and keeping the faith.  That's all I know to do at this point.  They say things come in 'three's'.  So I am looking at this as a 'good three'.  One, the new home.  Two, a healthy cat.  Three, a hopefully non-major repair.  I have to believe in that.  And keep my prayers going. Sheesh!  elizinashe

No comments: