Saturday, May 10, 2014

To Use My Friend's Favorite Word...

I have a really good friend who uses the word "random" quite often.   A lot of the times he morphs it into "randomness".  I gave him a really hard time because he was using that word for what seems like everything.   And I do mean a lot.  It's even the title of his blog.  I gave him the challenge to find other words to describe his nonspecific musings.  He kept it up for a good bit but now I will steal that word from his mindset to post the random bits of my life.  

I am one step closer to obtaining my new digs.  I've been super stressed about it and I have hurdled one milestone so there is very little that could prevent my small success.  Or at least I hope so.  I have to have faith that all will work out well in it's own random way.  I had total faith in the beginning, even bought a couple of things for the new place and then things got sticky and angry.  I feel like I am past that storm.  I am beginning to get anxious and I just want those new keys.  I want to start moving boxes so that my current living area can feel more comfortable while I transition.  My small little place where I live now is just a mess, mostly because I have boxes of books from school, a really small (insert curse word here) kitchen that I absolutely loathe at this point not to forget I have absolutely no storage space.   I have the 'I want to buy a bunch of new stuff ' fever.  I want a new bed.  I need a small kitchen table so I don't have to eat on the couch anymore.  I want to set up a guest bedroom.  I want. I want. I want.  However, I just need to get the basics so I can be move-in ready and function.  And priority will be a washer and dryer as that is the only thing I really need to purchase to complete the new living quarters.  I have plenty at this point.  To quote Dave, "What I want is what I not got.  What I need is all around me."  I need to remember that. 

My cat has not been doing so well lately.  It really worries me.  He's 18 years old now.  That's pretty good for a cat.  He's been such a great loving buddy and it hurts me to know that his life may be coming to an end.  That's going to really kill me.  I hope he carries on for another couple of years.  I think a nice even 20 years of life would be a really good run.  I can't wait for him to see the new place too.  Cats are really funny.  You change up the environment and they will be really weird and cautious for a couple of weeks until they get used to the new routine.  However, there will be tons more space than we have now and  plenty of windows to look out of and sit in the window sill.  I think he'd really dig all the space to roam.  Not to mention new places to hide especially once I get the guest bedroom set up.  He will have a whole new bed to bury himself in while I'm away.  haha...

I've been listening to the iHeartRadio a lot lately since I don't have a lot of music on my new computer yet.  I refuse to transfer everything from my old pute to the new one.  I want a clean slate.  Start fresh.  But being that I must have music playing when I'm home, I've used the iHeart pretty much daily now.  I like doing the 'custom stations' so I don't have to listen to commercials from other random stations.  I've never been a fan of talk radio.  I do like listening to DJs from time to time but it can be a bit much and the commercials just interrupt the music flow.  Apologies to my friend who makes radio commercials for a living, however I think he would understand.  We both have a passion for music so he gets my logic.   Speaking of custom stations, if you like rhythm and blues, you should check out Susan Tedeschi.  She just rocks.  I've been stuck on her for the last week or so.  And the other artists that pop up on her 'station' are just as groovy.  I've seen her perform twice many moons ago and I hope to see her again.  She puts on a super groovy show.  Must put that on my bucket list and keep the faith.  

So that's about it folks.  Just some random stuff.  I've had other topics to write about but I just don't feel like diving into all of that just yet.  Too many to sort in my head so maybe it's just better to toss it out of my creative realm and keep it simple.  I tend to talk too much anyway so those posts will probably be too epic to keep you entertained.  I'm trying my best to keep it all plain and simple.  Life is too short to make it complicated.  Peace out.  I'm done for the day. elizinashe

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

Where's your "like" button? This is a great post! I'm sending prayers that everything works out for you!

elizinashe said...

thank you Linda! I'm keeping the faith!