Saturday, July 19, 2014

New Digs, New Beginnings, New Obsessions

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!  Finally...and what a mess it was.  At least the packing part of it and let's not forget my elderly cat totally freaking out for a couple of days.  Poor thing.  However, I love coming home now and my kitty has settled in his new surroundings and has much more space to claim as his territory.  One being the bathroom closet.  Funny, eh?

I have a few boxes still to unpack, mostly 'knick-knacks' that I have no idea where I want to put them.  Mostly because I'm trying to keep it really simple.  No need to fill up every blank space.  And as much as I love music, I still haven't set up my stereo but that's not quite a priority.  I want to find a nice cabinet to put it in like I had before but slightly updated.  I am so tired older than dirt furniture.  It will be a slow process.  My next purchase will be a simple kitchen table.  Must get one soon.  

I broke down and got cable television too.  Man...what a treat after nearly 10 years.  My favorite channel is Palladia.  Totally cool.  If you haven't seen it and you dig music then you most certainly need to check it out.  And I will leave it at that.  And in the wee hours of the night when I can't sleep I channel surf.  I have seen two of the Bourne Identity series, watched some other oldies like E.T., My Girl, Sixteen Candles, Footloose-the good one with Kevin Bacon- Philadelphia and several music festivals on the said Palladia.  And the futon that a friend gave me is the perfect place to be that couch potato while I surf away in cableland.  

I have cooked a lot more and have mini-meals ready in my freezer.  I have exploded a bag of lima beans in the microwave, done laundry in my new washer and dryer, dressed up the guest bathroom and locked myself out of my own home.  (oh I most certainly did.)  My friend who helped me move boxes was my first guest to sit on my porch, my mother was my first overnight guest, my friend in Maryland and his girlfriend sent me my first housewarming gift and a co-worker came by to say hello and gave me a bottle of homemade vanilla extract.  Yep, I'm pretty dang happy about all of that. 

Other than a kitchen table, my other obsession has been ceiling fan pulls.  I want something funky and decorative.  I want to frame a couple of pics for the said guest bathroom and begin hanging other pictures around the house.  I want to tackle all those recipes that I have been saving so I can road test them and have friends over for the guinea pig factor.  I want to keep my wine rack that I resurrected from hiding full of really great wine. And at some point, I will find another bed so I can set up the guest bedroom so I can host a 'girls weekend'.  I've waited long enough.  But all good things come to those who wait.  Next priority is catching me some Dave Matthews with my girlies.  Woo hoo!  My summer has certainly been a busy one, but it sure as hell has been a good one so far.  Thanking my lucky stars!  Lookout Dave!  Here I come!  elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

You totally deserve all the wonderful things you now have. Totally happy for you!!!