Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TiddlyWinks

It's back to reality this week.  My 'Girl's Weekend' slash 'stay cation' is coming to a close.  It's been a great time away and I have enjoyed every single moment of it all.  I just love being in my new home and I can't wait to finish up a few things so I too, can host a 'Girl's Weekend'.  Just need to hold off on the spending for a bit....which is hard to do when you have a new place that you want to decorate, which is something I haven't done in 10 years or so.  Patience, patience....

The said 'Girl's Weekend' was a lovely hit.  Music, good food, lots of wine, silly pictures, good conversation  and more wine.   There's something to be said about having your girls around and just having time to reconnect and not worry about much.  Each of my girls possess qualities that I hope to develop as my own as they each are awesome people and have skills and knowledge that I wish I already had.  I guess they would say the same about me.  

I've really enjoyed my time to just be quiet and road test new recipes that I've had bookmarked for ages since my prior kitchen totally sucked.  And I do mean suck.  Now that I have space to slice and dice with a dishwasher to clean up my mess has been a real treat.  I road tested some zucchini 'bites' on some of my mother's friends when they stopped by for a brief visit slash 'viewing' of my new place.  I think I now know how to make it a bit better for the next set of guinea pigs.  Along with some other tasty treats I want to try.  Maybe I should change my name to Julia. 

I have a friend here who keeps bugging me about wanting to come over to check out my new place and give me a housewarming gift that she has for me.  Don't get me wrong, I do like her and yes, she's a good friend but she's also a bit overbearing and has lots of drama in her life.  She's the type of person that just wears you out after a couple of hours when you're together.  I'm really torn as to having her over vs. not having her over and bringing all that negative baggage that she carries into my new place.  Hell, she never came over to my old place.  Regardless, I feel like I'm being a real bitch for not having her over sooner, but we have both been busy plus I've really liked the peace and quiet I've had thus far.  I'm not sure I want to have her over so quickly and listen to her talk all night and try and turn my pad into a 'party place'.  I can guarantee that I won't be throwing any huge parties as I am way past that need to 'throw down.'  I wish I didn't feel so bitchy and selfish about the whole thing, but I do.  May God forgive me and give me strength in this dilemma.  

Okay, time to fire up that dishwasher and plot out my next menu for my next visitor not to mention little meals to take to work now that my playtime is coming to a close.  (sigh...).  However, the bills will always come and I love my job so I guess I need to get back at it and earn my keep.  Until next time.....elizinashe.


No comments: