Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Feeling Blah...

I've been feeling kinda 'blah' today. No real reason, just 'blah'.  Physically I feel fine, other than my allergies giving me a quick tweak and it's too early for anything to be 'hormonal'.  Sigh...maybe it's the night shift stuff catching up with me.  There was one night that I was feeling really grumpy.  And the shift itself wasn't too terribly stressing so I guess I'm just going through a slump of some sort.  

I'm still on the search for a good kitchen table without spending a crapload of money.  Honestly, I do not know what a good price for furniture really is these days as all my furniture are 'hand me downs', stuff that I have found at used furniture places, Goodwill or some basic retail store like Pier 1 or Target.  I have never paid over $100 for any furniture I've ever owned.  So forking out $400-600 for a basic kitchen table that's not considered a 'formal' table is a bit ridiculous to me.  And the stuff I have found that is cheaper looks cheaper.  I don't need anything fancy but I don't want a piece of pressed wood crap that looks all shitty.  I want a table now, thank you please.  I have friends coming in October and I would like to have them over for dinner.  Sheesh...

I met one of my neighbors today while she was out walking her dog.  Seems like a cool chic.  Naturally, I have forgotten her name but she was pretty cool to chat with.  I'm sure we will run into each other again soon.  Apparently her husband is a pharmacist and he's trying to get hired at the hospital where I work.  And  she tells me there is a lady that lives in the neighborhood that works in HR at the hospital where I work.  Small world, eh?  Got to meet these people. 

I love having cable again.  Maybe that's one of the reasons I stay home so much now when I'm not working.  It certainly helps to have more options channel wise compared to the 6 channels at my previous place that I got with my digital rabbit ears.  And it's been most helpful entertainment wise when I can't sleep, due to working nights, as it gives me something to watch other than Jimmy Kimmel.  I haven't totally fried my brain cells watching the tube.  However, winter will be here which means this chic won't be driving in it unless I have to!  Ugh.  I pray that we have a mild winter.  Not ready for all that white stuff.  Until next time....elizinashe

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

Have you tried looking for furniture at estate sales? You can really find some nice stuff and not too expensive. Check the local papers or look for estate sales in your area through EstateSales.org These are not rummage sales so much as family trying to empty a loved one's home and they don't need the stuff left behind. If you know the area, stick around the more upper income neighborhoods for the nice quality things. A lot of times you can see the stuff before you even go as they post pictures to entice people. Hope you find the perfect table! Good luck!

elizinashe said...

thanks Linda! I will check out estate sales. I've looked at our re-hab places but no luck. working nights proves to be a challenge but I know I will find something. just wish I had found it by now! ;)