Thursday, August 21, 2014

I Just Don't Get It

No, I'm not pregnant.   However the 2nd oldest daughter of the Duggar family is.  After being married for only two months.  Jesus.  

I often write about this family as they kind of fascinate me and no, I don't watch the show.  I just catch bits and pieces of news online when I see it.  Again, I will say I totally respect their beliefs and wanting to have a big family, but seriously, it can't be healthy to live in a sheltered world and keep having babies because you love them so and you believe that they are a 'gift from God'.  Yes, children are a gift.  But it's one you give to yourself.  God doesn't get you pregnant.  

So, Jill Duggar Dillard is newly pregnant after being married for only two months.  Um...didn't anybody tell her about birth control or the 'rhythm method'?  Seriously.  They never kissed until their wedding day.  Huh?  Apparently they were 'introduced' via Skype by his/her parents or something like that.  Her husband is a missionary which I do find admirable I will say.  So the young couple would Skype and talk almost nightly with her parents closely monitoring mind you and the inevitable happened.  They 'fell in love'.  Hmm....I can see how that might happen.  However, rushing into a marriage so quickly when you haven't really dated in real time, it seems so stupid and naive.  According to past stories, the couple weren't even allowed to hold hands or touch each other when they were together in person.  Until their wedding day.  Do what? 

I just find the whole ordeal disturbing.  Why not 'get to know each other' before you jump into parenthood.  But then again, she's had a lot of practice with all those siblings.  Being that she is so young and so newly pregnant, I hope she is able to carry this child to term.  Those first three months are crucial.  Most people don't even announce they're pregnant until they get past those first two months or so.  Geeze....And like her mother, she says that she wants "as many babies as God will give us".  Man....it's just never going to end is it?  Are any of the Duggar kids the 'rebel'?  Sure would be interesting to find out, eh?  And if memory serves correct, one of the other Duggar girls has gotten married recently as well.  Who wants to bet she turns up preggers too?  Just a thought....elizinashe


No comments: