Thursday, June 9, 2016

I've Got the Itch...

Trying to Stay Focused....
I've been wanting some sort of entryway cabinet for the house ever since I moved into my new place.  However, a kitchen table was a priority.  Once that was bought and placed in my new digs I patiently waited on buying that entryway cabinet.  I'd look here and there on occasion, only to be disappointed by how it was made or the asking price.  Some stuff is just too overpriced.  At least I think so...

Anyway, fast forward two years.  I'm back on the hunt.  It's a bit of an obsession for me.  Although I do want a new entertainment type center/TV cabinet, as my Goodwill end table is rather ugly, but so is my TV.  It's at least 15 years old itself.  But it still works so buying a new boob tube is not high on my priority list.  Anyway...

So I'm randomly at TJ Maxx, looking for a cabinet when I find a new piece of luggage that I could really use, especially since I have a trip coming in my near future.  I haven't had any new luggage in about 30 years so I am past due.  Plus, I'm trying to have one luggage item to use and downsize a bit instead of having too much crap.  I think my new pink suitcase will be the perfect hit.  

But...I find this really cool bookcase too.  Hmmm... "just one purchase today, just one "....I tell myself.  I really liked this bookcase too.  Plus it was fairly cheap compared to other furniture pieces I've seen.  I think it would look really cool in my new digs too.  But, when I envision it in my head, I think it will be too long for the area I plan on placing it, since it has long end pieces due to it's funky style.  Bookcase on the back burner...don't need to over spend. 

So today, I stop by at some "discount warehouse" furniture store.  I think I found my entryway cabinet.  It's doable financially, but it is not as long lengthwise as I had wanted.  But it could work.  It might be better than a longer piece.  And the bonus is it just might fit in the back of my car, so I avoid the hiked up delivery fee.  Another plus.  Hmm....I've contemplated about this most of night.  My justification is if the cabinet is still there on Sunday, when I am free from work, then I will highly consider in making this purchase.  I think it will be what I've been looking for the last couple of years.  However...TJ Maxx is open on Sunday's too.  Do I really go overboard and scratch all these itches I've kept at bay?  Sheesh...home ownership I tell ya!  

What I really struggle with is not spending too much considering I am the only breadwinner at this address and there is always something that comes up.  Car stuff, cat stuff, plumbing stuff, yard stuff...need I go on?  Trying my best to keep it all at bay.  It's all too easy to go nuts on decorating a new place.  Especially if you got the itch.  Maybe there's a cream for that.  Until next time....elizinashe
Aren't They Lovely?

No comments: