Monday, March 20, 2017

What Do You Do?

It Was a Cold and Dreary Night...
One of my coworkers asked me what I liked to do for fun the other night.  I had to stop and think about that one for a bit.  And I'm kind of glad that he did as it was a heated moment at work that night. I needed a brief distraction from the chaos. 

So what do I do for fun?  Well...I have this thing.  Which has been quite therapeutic and most likely has saved me loads of money in therapy, although I probably could still use that from time to timeIn fact, I met one of my very best friends through this thing.  And that's a whole other story to which I will spare you for now. 

 I like taking pictures and I'm not talking about a bunch of selfies although I've done that too.  I'm talking about walking around and finding odds and ends and trying to capture that in the camera lens.  Vacation time is always good for that which is another thing I need to do more often.  I like finding that arch in a building, a quiet flower or some random object and getting that on film.  I've been lucky a few times and others not so much.  But there is always room for improvement. 

Trying to Stay Calm

I like cooking and trying new recipes that won't take me all damn day long because that's just stupid.  I like having friends over to try the said new recipes, or something more traditional and sharing good conversation and wine.  Can't forget the wine!  It makes me happy to plan a  meal, make a big mess and have special people over and spoil them a bit.  That's fun for me.  

Cards...I like sending cards.  Mostly silly Halloween and Valentine cards but it's fun for me.  I don't think people do such things anymore given modern technology.  I feel like it's a "lost art" so to speak.  I don't even think people send Thank You cards anymore like we were taught when we were younger.  Why is that?  I will spend more money on a stack of silly cards instead of a purse or shoes.  I hate to shop, but card shopping is way more fun for me.  That's not so bad is it?  

Getting crafty...I have my moments.  And I'm slowly getting back into that.  I have a couple of stalled crafty projects that I need to tweak and finish instead of allowing it to collect dust.  I'm pretty good at that too.  I used to hike quite a bit and I really miss that.  Those days were a lot of fun for me.  I seriously need to get back into that.  Not only did it recharge my soul, but it also gave my the opportunity to use that camera.  It was win-win situation.  I think this will be the year to get back into the habit.  Or so I hope.  

Music...I love it.  I love catching live music and I used to be out almost every weekend but that was way back in the day...I've already caught a Ben Folds show last month which was super awesome and next month I have tickets for a crazy band that is returning to Asheville for another show.  I'm really looking forward to that.  I know it will be good.  Music does fill my soul...it is my "go to" in many aspects.  

So..I guess there are quite a few things that I "do for fun".  I've never really thought about it before as some of these things are just automatic and not really planned, although some things do take some planning ahead which is not my forte as I have said in previous posts.  Looking back on this silly little list, I guess I'm not doing too bad after all.  

So with all of that said...what do you do for fun?  Until next time...elizinashe
Mmmm...

No comments: