Wednesday, March 15, 2017

On A Cold Windy Night...

Calm and Quiet...
Dang is it ever cold outside!  Old Man Winter came back this past weekend and has been sticking around.  And after having nearly 70 degree temperatures too!  I blame the time change.  That "spring ahead" mess screws up Mother Nature and she lashes out.  Seriously...I swear every time we jump forward an hour things get screwy the following week.  Think about it...you know it's true.  

Speaking of this past weekend, I had dear friends come visit along with their 8 year old son.  Whew!  I must say he's a pretty good kid.  He still does not know what to think of me just yet but I think we get along fine.  He knows to be quiet in the mornings so us adults can "get it together" and will listen to his parents when it comes to redirection and setting limits.  He may push it a bit at times, but all in all...he's a really good kid.  I give huge kudos to his parents.  They are such awesome people and they are raising a pretty awesome kid.  It's hard work for sure, but I think they are handling the whole parenthood thing really well.  Good job guys! 

This weekend was my "turn around" weekend which initially it was a bit stressing for me knowing that my sleep would be screwy but I worked it out somehow.  My friends had a "play date" scheduled for Saturday with one of our other friends who has two boys, so that left me some quiet time to clean up, catch a nap and prepare a small feast for my lovelies.  That made me pretty happy.  Along with the time spent with my peeps.  They are truly special people to me and I look forward to having them visit many more times.  

One of my coworkers is having a bit of a "send off" tomorrow night at a local bar/restaurant.  He's decided to hike the Appalachian Trail, solo mind you, from beginning to end.  God I hope he makes it.  I'm really excited for him and I look forward to spending time with some coworkers outside of the unit walls.  But man...it's gonna be cold.  I'm trying to get over that.  It will definitely be a night to layer up!  My other worry is driving at night.  I really don't like doing it so much anymore.  Maybe I'm getting old....regardless it will be an opportunity to get out and have some more fun before I start my long stretch of work.  I need something like that other than cooking at home and shooting pics to a fellow foodie.  haha...not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes you just need to break things up a bit, no?  

In the meantime, stay warm and have faith that all will be well soon enough.  Mother Nature can't be all wonky too long.  Sunny skies and warmer temperatures will soon be here.  Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.  Wink, wink.  Until next time...elizinashe
Curl Up and Have a Glass...

No comments: