Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I Want a Do Over

Who Doesn't Need Colorful Flowers?
Alone time is good.  Too much alone time is not.  And this has been my weekend of too much alone time.  Granted, I had other plans but the whole sudden sick kitty thing threw everything out of whack.  My sleep has been screwy although it has been a bit better the last 24 hours, my plans for relaxing and creativity has been a bit wacky and my mentality has been one big pity party.  I hate it when I get that way. 

Too much alone time gives your brain the opportunity to think too much and dwell on things that you really shouldn't dwell on.  And yes, I ended my sentence with a preposition.  I do that often and I don't care.  haha..

I really have no regrets in my life, but maybe a couple of "do overs" would be nice.  Remember those?  I call a "do over!"    A little blast from childhood days.  Sometimes I miss those times.  Everything seemed so much simpler then.  This getting older stuff can be really hard sometimes.  Especially in my world.  And especially since this past weekend has been horrible.  I wish I could have a "do over" and make it better.

On a brighter note, I do have fun plans for tomorrow night with one of my girly peeps that I haven't seen in a while.  She's a busy single mom of two cutie boys, and being that I work nights, getting together can be a challenge.  But I am a person of my word, and making more of an effort to reach out and make plans with this beautiful person.  I think she's one of the bravest girls I have ever known.  She's tackled many, many challenges and she always seems to come up smiling through it all.  I love that about her.  I hope that I can channel some of that bravery as I have felt weak and disheartened with all the crap that I have allowed to swirl in my head and dictate my world.  I don't want to continue that pattern.  It's just not good for the soul. 

So I will continue on this journey, taking it one step at a time with hopes of finding some joy and rejuvenation.  One small thing I did accomplish is getting some pictures developed with plans adding them to one of my walls and the others sending to my dad.  I think it will be pretty cool.  Especially the one I have planned for my dad.  I think he will get a kick out of it.  That made my heart happy today.  And that's a good thing.  Until next time...elizinashe
Knock and Go In or Take the Steps?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this blog is so nice . I'm so happy to visit here .