Thursday, February 16, 2017

This and That

Cold & Quiet
It's cold and windy tonight.  It's a good night to stay parked on the couch cuddled up in your favorite blanket and do absolutely nothing but channel surf.   Fuzzy socks are a requirement.  A four legged fur baby lying on top of you is a bonus.  Extra body heat...

That's pretty much been my night.  I had gone out earlier for dinner but I made that trip quick and simple.  As much as I wanted to socialize more, I was ready to get into my favorite sweatshirt and pajama pants and get on that said couch-fuzzy socks and all.  Does that make me lazy?  I'm afraid that I've gotten too used to that routine...I hope that coming Spring light will motivate me to be more productive.  The Winter blahs are beginning to get to me I think. 

Have you been on a committee before?  Like for work or your community?  School?  Did you like it or was it a " have to" kind of deal?  I've done group projects before during school, but I don't really recall being heavily involved in any groups/committees in high school or college.  I had been asked to be on some Night Governance Council for the hospital along with other nurses throughout the hospital.  I was hesitant to say "yes" but I felt like I needed to do something more career wise and at least lend a voice for our unit. 

But alas, I didn't succeed too well with that group.  To keep a very long story short, I felt like I was doomed from the get-go as the first meeting I had attended failed.  There is a phone number that you can call and be present by conference call in case you can't travel.  So that is the route I chose to do that night.  However, there were three other members on this phone call also but none of us could hear anything nor could anyone hear us.  For those of us who had called in, we could hear each other but that was about it.  Turns out the leader of the meeting "forgot" to turn on the call in feature and therefore we all missed it.  Ugh...and the rest?  Well...it was just uneventful on my end of the stick.  I knew better to agree to be a part of this committee as I just don't do well in that sort of extra group activity but at least I tried.  I now know just to say "no" and move on.  I have since politely removed myself from this Council group and I feel a lot better about it.  It just wasn't my cup of tea...

So what's in store for me?  Well, I certainly need to get motivated to complete some extra schooling that's for sure.  I've procrastinated way too long...one of my charms.  Again, I've gotten a bit lazy.  And it's become a comforting habit.  I need to break that up a bit.  It's the idea of more schooling that stresses me out...but I've done it before right?  Sheesh...One thing's for sure, more schooling will keep me out of trouble and will force me to be more productive at home.  Plus, I could use school as an excuse for my lack of cleaning the floors and bathrooms instead of plain ole laziness and procrastination.  haha...until next time...elizinashe 
What's Your Poison On a Cold Night?

No comments: