Sunday, February 26, 2017

Not My Weekend...

Feeling Blue....
This is my weekend off.  I had such high hopes.  But alas, life happens.  

I had gone out Friday night for a couple of drinks and a snack for dinner which is typical for a "turn around day" being a night shifter.  That went fine.  But as midnight struck, things changed.  And not for something good.  

My 20 year old kitty Hecubus got sick.  Being a nurse, knowing his habits and having him for the last 20+ years I was waiting things out for a bit.  After some time, I knew that I needed to get him to a vet as his issues weren't subsiding.  Ugh...my only choice in the wee hours of the morning was the Emergency Clinic which I absolutely hate.  I am glad that they are available, and they have saved many lives when it comes to fur babies, but still...I hate going there.  Not only do they price gauge because they can, but they never really listen to me.  To keep it short, I got the treatment that was needed and got a thorough workup, but not only at a monetary cost, but at an emotional cost too.  For me and my kitty.  Although he's doing better, he's still not completely back to baseline.  It still worries me....I'm hoping he will rebound soon once his meds kick in a bit more.  

My friend who I have spoken about before, the one who I've become distanced from and is sick really isn't doing well at all.  She finally reached out to me and I responded as I truly wanted to catch up with her a bit.  She's pretty sick folks.  And I feel horrible for her.  I don't know how her journey will end.  I'm afraid it's going to be a long and painful one.  Her oldest son and daughter-in-law are a big help but I can't answer for her other kids.  They have their own issues.  I wish I could do more but all I can do is be supportive.  I don't regret not being in touch with her more often these last couple of years.  I know it sounds horrible, but I don't.  I do feel horrible that she's having such a hard time and with little support in this new challenge.  It's not good...that is for sure.  My heart really goes out to her.  Is that enough?  

My childhood best friend is pretty sick too.  She's struggled with health issues for a very long time and now because of that,  like there is some new stuff that has become the result of it all.  It's cryptic I know, but it's just too much to discuss here.  We've tried talk and text but that's been a bit tricky with my work schedule and her availability to talk around testing and sleep.  It just sucks all around.  I'm hoping for some positive results.  She always rebounds in some sort of miracle fashion.  I hoping for a positive outcome.  

So in short, it's been a shitty weekend thus far.  And it's almost over.  My world has been turned upside down and not in a good way.  It's been hard for sure...hoping for a better day tomorrow.  Wishing all of us love and positive thoughts out your way.  We all could use more of that don't you think?  Until next time...elizinashe. 
Prayers for All

No comments: