Thursday, February 2, 2017

Letting Go...

Hoping For Peace
I've had a long string of days off from work this past week but alas, it is coming to an end.  One thing is for sure, work always returns.  

I haven't done anything too spectacular in my off time.  There were times where I was bored and a bit lonely.  Planning ahead is not necessarily my strong suit, especially when it comes to planning fun social time with friends.  I'm still working on that part.  However, I'm also trying to get some house things in order, save money by not going out so much, and giving my mind some much needed rest as I have been stressed and troubled too much.  

I've done quite a bit of cooking the last couple of days which is always a bit therapeutic for me.  I need to do better at having someone over to share my concoctions and a bottle of wine.  That one is always on the bucket list.  Again... I need to do better at planning ahead for social stuff with friends.  

I've paired down on my news watching too.  I just can't stand it.  This political mess has really messed with my head so I've worked really hard to ignore it, stay off the internet, post silly pictures and the like.  I've started to tune into The Daily Show on Comedy Central.  I've heard a lot of buzz about Trevor Noah and I've seen some interviews with him.  He's pretty damn clever and has had his own suffering growing up.  He's even written a book his life growing up in Africa.  I just might have to check it out.  What I will say is that I really like his commentary.  Yes, there is a lot of satire and sarcasm but he makes some really good hard pressed points.  And his guests that he interviews have much to say...especially in the current times.  If you haven't tuned in yet, I encourage you to do so.  It might not be your cup of tea so to speak, but it sure does have some substance to think about.  

So in short, I'm trying my level best to keep my mind clear of all things negative and look for all the positive things in life.  I feel like I need to read up more on Buddha as he had some very insightful quotes and a peaceful way of living in this thing called Life.  I think I need to channel that kind of mentality more instead of allowing things that I cannot change or have control over dictate my mind and body.  If only I could be still enough to meditate I would....but my mind wanders way too much and I find it difficult to sit still just to breathe and be quiet.  I know it would help greatly but it's one hurdle that I have yet to conquer.  At least I have music and this silly thing.  Writing has always helped.  I hope you enjoy reading my  blog as much as I enjoy writing and posting.  I will leave you with a quote that I think we all should remember whatever the situation.  I hope you like it.  Until next time....elizinashe

" Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace. " Buddha

Peace & Love Ya'll! 

No comments: