Sunday, January 29, 2017

What a Fine Mess....

Dear Mr. President...
ROAR!!!!!  We the People are speaking out and taking it to the streets.  I am amazed with so many of our citizens of all nations, race and gender stepping up and fighting for our rights.  I have never, ever in my life seen such a political mess nor have I seen a President so intolerant, ill-equipped and ignorant.  He absolutely frightens me but I have faith that he will not win in the end.  We the People are taking charge in our fight for what is right.  

I was asked to go to the Women's March in Washington D.C. but I chose not to go for mostly anxiety provoking reasons and a hard travel time.  I wished I had marched here locally but getting away from work could have been a bit tricky plus there were so many others who had asked off so I just stayed and slaved away and supported the cause in spirit.  

As the pictures came across the news and internet, I was astounded.  Millions not only in our own country, but across the globe.  Hell, the scientists on Antarctica were holding up signs on their boat!  Men, women and children from EVERYWHERE were marching in solidarity.  EVERYWHERE!  Now that really says something....Our march here locally had about 10,000 people.  Wow...

I am not much of a political activist but I just might start to become one.  For the first time in my life, I am afraid of what our President elect is going to do.  He already initiated a ban on immigrants from certain countries out of fear of terrorism.  Funny thing is, those countries that he placed a ban on have no ties or evidence of being guilty of terror attacks on our country.  Those countries were not tied to 9/11 or any other attack.  However, those countries that did have ties to 9/11 and following attacks on our soil, our President elect has business ties with them.  Think about that for a minute.  

So when I get down and afraid with all this political shit, I look back at the masses who took time to march in solidarity in support for Equal Rights and for our Freedoms.  When I see all of that it truly brings tears to my eyes.  Trumps regime is doomed....I have to have faith in that.  He is not my President and I will do my level best to fight for what's right.  I will not live under a dictatorship.  No way, no how...I live in America and we are a free nation.  Let's keep it that way.  Now if you will excuse me, I have some Senators to call....until next time~elizinashe
Wonder What Abe Would Say?

No comments: