Monday, January 16, 2017

Rambling Bits...

A Busy Brain I Have Today...
And so the waiting game begins….

I’m having some recalls repaired on my Toyota after much procrastination.  My schedule keeps me pretty busy plus I really hate not having any wheels as I need to get shit done.  But alas, here I finally sit…waiting…at least for a couple of hours.  So they say.  We shall see about that. 

I’ve got a pretty serious crush on my heating and cooling guy.  But that’s not why I have him over to do my maintenance checks.  I had a minor but anxiety provoking issue my first summer that I had my new place.  I did the Facebook “who do you use” thing as I was getting ready to start a long string of nights at work, and did not want to worry while I was away about my HVAC unit blowing up.  So I called this guy suggested by a friend and he came out at the end of his day, on a hot summer eve and fixed the said minor issue.  Man was I ever grateful.  And I remembered that… so I wanted to use him again in the winter for a maintenance check to make sure all the bells and whistles were ready for cold weather.  The being good looking thing was just a bonus.  And I swear, he gets better looking each time I have him over.  Sigh….why can’t he be ugly?  I will still support his business but his good looks is a bit distracting to me. I can’t help but stare at him and babble away.   I need to “accidentally “ run into him somewhere so I can flirt with him more.  hahaha..

One of my girlfriends from long ago is having a bad time.  Or so I hear.  We haven’t seen each other in a couple of years and I really haven’t missed that.  I hate to say it, but it’s true.  She allows her life to be dictated by drama and I really got tired of listening to it.  Does that make me a bad person?  I felt more drained that refreshed after spending time with her and that just was not fulfilling to me.  Am I being too selfish?  Anyway…I’m hearing through the grapevine that she’s got a lot more crapola in her life and I really, really hate it for her.  I want to reach out and talk and give her some support, but I feel like I will just get sucked into that world all over again and I don’t want that in my head.  I pray that her life will turn around and I ask for forgiveness for being such a lame friend. 

Our past winter storm came and went.  And of course I had to work.  I refuse to sleep at work in some crappy area with others and I was not about to get a hotel room so I could make it back for my shift the following night.  I made it home safely the morning of the big dump, with a coworker in tow as she lives on top of a mountain and could not drive up her road to get back home.  I must say, driving in that 6-8 inches of snow was a bit anxiety provoking but I sure as Hell did it.  Nice and slow…not bad for an Arkansas girl.  My friend ended up staying until Tuesday morning which was perfectly fine with me.  The weekend ended up being a bit of a spontaneous slumber party.  We had fun and I loved having her at my place.  I think I kind of needed the company.  It was certainly refreshing to my soul and helped start off my New Year on a good note. 

So that’s it folks.  Not much else to tell…Hopefully I will be able to meet some other long, lost girlfriends for a dinner tonight and catch up.  I need to do more of that in my life.  Next month is a Ben Folds concert.  That should be pretty groovy.  I’m determined to make 2017 more fruitful no matter how small.  Until next time…elizinashe

Share the Love...

No comments: