Monday, January 2, 2017

So Did You Do It?

Unlock the Possibilities...
It's a New Year.  Did you watch the ball drop?  Did you toast the midnight hour with someone special?  Did you make any resolutions?  How about that exercise program?  Did you eat your ham with black eyed peas and collard greens?  Football? 

I guess I'm a bit superstitious or perhaps traditional, maybe a bit both but my New Year's Eve went just fine like I had wanted.  Sadly I didn't get a midnight kiss but that's okay.  There is always hope for the future.  But I made sure I had my ham with the black eyed peas and collards.  My world wouldn't be right without it on New Year's Day.  haha...

I don't make any resolutions, but I do make a "wish list/hopes & goals list".  I try to be realistic about it all because I know I won't follow through with any "resolutions".  I keep that "wish list" out in the open all year long so I can look back on it and try to tackle things one at a time.  I never do meet all those goals/wishes, but I guess I get enough of them to make me happy and feel productive.  Now I just need to work on it and keep moving forward.  

I also did that jar thing, where you write down the happy things that happened in your life every week.  There were some weeks that I didn't write anything down, mostly because I forgot or I had a shitty week.  Who wants to remember that?  But...maybe we need to remember the shitty weeks so we can embrace how we emerged out of that said shitty week.  I'm doing that jar thing again for this year.  I hope to fill it up with even more happy days.  Apparently, this past year was filled with lots of food and friends this past year.  I hope to have more of those this year and more happy surprises.  Why would I want anything less?  


So...what's in store for you?  What are your wishes?  What do you want for 2017?  Make that list, start a jar and go for it.  You won't regret it.  Until next time...elizinashe

Plant Something New This Year and Watch It Grow!

No comments: