Saturday, April 8, 2017

Spring Bits

Let's Bloom! 
Happy Spring Y'all.  The trees are beginning to pop out, people are planting flowers and the giant bumble bees are hovering around.  Ahhh...what a relief. 

Friends in need....I have a friend whom I have distanced myself from due to drama.  I really haven't missed her and I don't feel bad about admitting that.  Sometimes you have to take care of yourself.  And I have.  However, she recently has reached out to me and there is all kinds of crap going on in her world.  To keep it really short, she's getting the help that she truly needs.  That's a good thing.  However, despite the texts and messages that I told her that she had sent to me and apparently to her cousin, she blames me, her cousin and her older son for the predicament that she is in now.  Nope...you did this to yourself sister and you were screaming for help.  Own up to that.  I may lose her completely as a friend but that's totally okay with me.  I don't feel bad for contacting others to follow up on her safety.  I've done it before on another friend and I'd do it again.  I wish her well. 

Speaking of planting flowers...I typically stick with planting after Mother's Day as the old timers do.  But I decided to buy some cheap flower seeds and throw them in my pots that already have dirt.  I typically buy flowers already potted and bloomed out, but I'm taking my chances.  Hopefully I will have some sprouts in a couple of weeks.  We shall see...don't hold your breath. 

I'm going to see this crazy band tomorrow night that I've seen before.  I'm excited.  The first time I saw them they opened for the Dave Matthews Band.  I was impressed.  I knew I wanted to see them again.  And I did.  They came out my way about two years ago.  Man...what a good show.  And now they are returning to the same venue here in town.  This will be a lovely way to spend a Sunday night.  I've really missed live music and I going to make an effort to do it more often as it fills my soul and makes me happy.  One of my girlfriends from work is going to be my co-pilot.  She's never seen them but I'm pretty sure she will walk away amazed and wondering "What in the hell did I just see?".  I'm looking forward to the girly time.  I can always use more of that.

In the meantime, get out an enjoy the sunshine and go have some fun!  See ya later!  elizinashe
Gogol Bordello

No comments: