Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Late Night Bits

Green is Good
Well the sun finally came out today after two days of steady rain and a third of off and on showers.  Sheesh!  We surely need the rain but man...it was getting old.  I'm just thankful that I don't have any major leaks in the house as a result.  Counting my blessings on that one !

Spring has sprung for sure.  I swear my Azaleas seemingly popped out overnight and that was before all the rain.  They sure do look pretty.  My guess is that they will grow madly now...at least I hope.  The seeds I had thrown in my pots earlier this month are sprouting green.  I now have quite a few greens sticking out of the dirt.  Maybe I was doing this flower thing all wrong to begin with.  Meaning, start from scratch instead of buying flowers that have already bloomed.  I'm hoping my Grandmother's green thumb is laying her blessings on my flowers.  I do wish I had her gardening magic. 

I'm thinking about ditching the cable like many others and going the Netflix and Amazon way.  I still need internet for sure, but I'm trying to cut costs to save more in the future.  However, my TV is really old.  I don't even have a Flat Screen or a "Smart TV" so how do I hook up the internet to a 15 year old TV?  Plus, there isn't really one show that I consistently watch and I get kind of bored doing the whole "binge watch" thing.  I like to surf...and sometimes my attention span is really short so with cable at least I can click away.  I don't know...guess I will figure it out.  I will miss Paladia for sure.  Which is now MTV Live, but still...it's a good channel if you like music.  And that's all that it is.  Music.  No stupid shows.  Just music.  The heartbeat to my soul. 

Speaking of music, there are so many shows on my 'bucket list' and there are some good ones coming.  There is one dude~Robert Randolph~ that's coming to town and tickets are cheap.  I just might have to go to this one folks.  It's in town and it's very doable.  The Tedeshci Trucks Band is playing in Charlotte in July, Blondie and Garbage in Raleigh in August and Green Day in September again in Raleigh.  Sigh...I can't do all of them.  Or at least I feel..I wish I had a unlimited supply of money so I can go to all the live music shows that I wish.  However, bills come and go, unexpected bumps in the road and there is something called a savings account that I really need to pay more attention to...decisions, decisions....it's hard to choose. 

So what are your summer plans and wishes?  Who do you want to see in concert?  And the cable stuff...ditch it or keep it?  What do you do?  Until next time....elizinashe
I Need More of This !

No comments: