Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Windy Night, Foggy Brain

I Kind Of Dig This...
Our weather has been quite lovely the last few days.    The nights are a bit cooler than normal but that's okay.  We've got some pretty wicked winds coming through.  Yikes!  Apparently we've got a day or two of some gusty stuff making it's way across our mountains.  I hope my trash can doesn't blow away...I'd hate to chase it down.  Sure does cool things off a bit in the wee hours of the night.  I'm just thankful that I have moved away from the little shack that I had been living in previously as there were many tall trees fighting for space.  Nights like this with powerful gusts always kept me up in fear of a tree falling on top of me while I sleep.  Although I did have trees fall around the property while I lived there,  I was blessed enough to have never have one crash on top of the roof and smash me to bits.  Sometimes I still worry about whoever is living there now, as I am certain that something horrible like that will happen one day.  I hope they will remain safe.

I went back a few years on this thing, rereading some previous posts.  Man...what memories.  I used to be funny.  At least I think so...and more clever.  I guess I"m still funny at times but I think the inspiration to write back then was differently inspired.  Weird animals, fashion shows, silly thoughts, weird internet news...you get the picture.  Perhaps it's because I've grown a bit (?) or maybe the internet influence has changed.  I used to find all kinds of fun stuff, especially if it was weird or unusual but times have changed.  It's all politics, stupid celebrities, food recipes and the "bait and catch" type of stories.  Whatever happened to the stories of the two headed calf?  Or the 14lb baby?  However, we did have a live feed of "April the Giraffe".  The poor thing seemed to be in labor for two months with many anxiously awaiting to watch a live birth.  Guess I could have written about that...haha...And well, I just saw some images from the "Met Gala" with all the stars in their get-up but it's just not worth it to me to write about.  Too many self absorbed people...no fun in that. 

So that's it for now folks.  Just a quick random post.  My mind has been a bit distracted and lazy.  I'm slowly chipping away at my "must do " list but it seems that doing nothing and keeping it simple is taking priority right now.  Work beckons and then I will be done for a while.  I'll tackle the rest in due time.  One thing I have learned, but still struggle with is that it's "okay" if you don't get everything done that you think you're supposed to do.  It's perfectly fine to take your own "time out" and do absolutely nothing.  Because when you do, you end up feeling better and recharged.  Gotta take care of yourself, right?  Until next time...elizinashe
Stop and Take Time to Write !

No comments: