Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Word

I Like It
per·se·vere
ˌpərsəˈvir/
verb
    continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no prospect of success.
 


Every New Year I usually make up a list of hopes/dreams/goals with intentions of crossing out that list.  Sometimes I do good but I really never knock out the entire list.  It's never an unattainable list, but it's a list.  I don't do resolutions as I feel those are not always realistic nor do I ever stick to them. 

This year I'm adopting a word.  I didn't make a list this time, but instead I want to focus on a word to channel this year with hopes of building my self-confidence and inner strength. 

One of my good friends always adopts a word for the year.  Simple stuff, like "balance", "discipline", "commitment" and so on and works hard to utilize said words in his daily life.  One of my other good friends chose the word "focus" for her word of the year.  I think that will be a good word for her. 

I was trying to fall asleep one night, I was thinking about that hopes/dreams/goals list before the New Year came and I decided to do something different so I won't be disappointed if I don't achieve all that I want to achieve for this year.  So this year I chose a word. 

Persevere.  I kind of like it.  I think it will suit me fine as I have weathered many troubled waters in the past and did just fine.  My mantra of "I will it" during nursing school served me very well, so why not a word for the year?  I have more inner strength inside of this soul that I give credit and I need to honor that.  And during those times when I think I don't, I hope to hear this word ringing in my ears to remind myself that I can succeed and survive whatever crisis, frustration or endeavor I may encounter.  And when I don't hear that word ringing in my ears, I hope someone will remind me to say it out loud so won't forget again. 

Happy New Year Y'all.  I hope you choose a word for yourself this year.  And I hope it serves you well.  Until next time...elizinashe

What's Your Word? 

No comments: