Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Sigh...

Not Sleepy Yet
I'm wide awake and rather bored.  I could tackle some cleaning duties but that's just not happening.  Not feeling it.  I already did some earlier today and the rest can wait.  I'm done. I could start on some crafty projects that have been on the back burner but I'm not feeling that either.  I just can't concentrate that well in these wee hours of the night. 

It's been really cold here.  And gonna stay cold for the next few days.  Ugh...my heat pump keeps plugging away.  I am thankful that it keeps beating.  I'd hate to be without it.  Apparently there have been many in our area that have lost their heat or electricity because the grid is working overdrive.  It's not much of a surprise if you think about it since this kind of single digit temperatures that last for days are quite rare.  But it makes me think how people up North do it.  Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada and so on...what kind of heat do they have?  How do they do it?  My guess is that their power stations are well equipped for such weather.  Not me.  Not this cold.  I give a thumbs up to the said Northerners, they've got balls. 

I have a really good post for the New Year and a new story to tell, but my mind just can't focus on the topic.  It's been swirling around in my head the last few nights when I go to sleep and it sounds really great in my head as I'm trying to fall asleep but I just can't seem it hammer it out just yet.  I still have time.  Maybe tomorrow.  I just have a bit too much on my mind I guess before I head out for my working weekend.  Ugh..

My New Year's Eve was quite peaceful and stress free.  As always, I stayed at home parked on the couch with eats, treats and an old man cat by my side.  We both survived and happily so.  Our weather quickly turned dangerous as our roads were wet and then the temperatures dropped.  And then it got icy real quick.  So glad I got home before all that mess happened.  There were hundreds of people ringing in the New Year stuck on the Interstate for hours.  Glad there weren't any serious injuries.  We should all be thankful for that. 

In the meantime, I hope your New Year was festive and safe with loved ones by your side.  Because that's all what really matters is it not?  Until next time...elizinashe
I Ain't Doin' It

No comments: