Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Ah, the Holidays...Again..

The Wheels In My Head...
Why is it that the holiday crunch always seems to bring extra unneeded stress?

It's bad enough with the gift giving, sending off cards, making time for family, friends, work and all that other adult stuff.  Let's not forget the horrible traffic either.  Ugh...

My weekend was fine but the last three days have been a bit unsettling.  It's all passing now, but it sure had me wound up for the time.  Work stuff, mom stuff, dad stuff, traffic, cat stuff, meeting stuff, my house is a mess stuff, traffic again, more mom stuff, more phone calls, planning, de-planning, re-planning, restless energy, sour stomach, indecisions, cat complaints, cat worries, mom worries, dad worries, work worries, did I pay that bill worries and of course all before Christmas to which I am in demand prior to and shortly after work wise, with my mother not hearing me that I will be utterly useless Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Not that I don't want to be around my mother on those days, but working nights puts me in a bind time wise not to mention needing to be awake and coherent.  Ugh...

And so...here I type while halfway watching a cheesy movie on cable.  Of all the channels I have, they are sucking pretty hard.  Amazon Prime and Netflix is on my bucket list for January.  That's for sure.  Time to catch up and time for a change.  I hope it will keep my interest.  Maybe the money I save in a cable bill will keep me motivated.

Christmas is so very near.   I am so blessed to have wonderful friends and healthy parents.  I have treasures to open and have received lots of cards and treasures in the mail.  I am blessed for sure.  I just hate that I allow my stressors to dictate my mindset.  Sometimes it just feels too much.  But I know it will pass...it just takes a bit of time.  In the meantime, I choose to focus on the positive in the coming days.  I look forward to the New Year coming and leave this stress in the past where it belongs.  Until next time...elizinashe
Fill My Head With Happiness

No comments: