Monday, December 18, 2017

Tender is the Heart

Love is Precious
I think we all have had our hearts broken a time or two.  Maybe more?  There is always one significant one that's for sure.  One that may still hurt.  One that may hold you back from loving like that again.  One that you may never recover from, even if you have other relationships afterwards.  I don't think I'm in that boat, but I know I keep my heart guarded well and I have known others who never did move forward from that bad heartbreak.  Even if they tried. 

I got inspired to write about such a thing after a movie I watched tonight which also made me think of a card I received for Christmas with a message that makes me a bit sad for the one who sent it to me.  So here I am.  Typing away with no real direction. 

So how do you move on after heartache?  Does the amount of time involved in the relationship count?  Is there a time limit?  What if you never are able to "let go"?  How do you help another realize that they are "stuck" and will not find happiness or a sense of peace until they just let that baggage travel on?  Or is it romantic to keep "holding a flame" for the loved?  Unless, you're some creepy stalker type-but I think you know what I mean.  Or attempting to describe. 

I know for myself, I have had heartbreaks.   I had my significant one in my late 20s.  And it was hard.  Really hard.  But I eventually moved on.  And followed my dream as a result.  I can't complain about that.  I've had others but just not as significant.  Maybe I learned from the big one.  Maybe I learned to be more protective.  Maybe both.

I've had friends who have had much joy and sorrow, many trials of tribulations and celebrations and many wonderful outcomes after a horrible time.  I suppose it's a cycle of growing up and becoming an adult, although I believe we learn to become that said adult throughout our lives. 

I think I've come pretty far.  I've done pretty damn well given the circumstances.  And I'm proud of that.  But when you have loved ones who just can't see the possibilities, the hope and the second chances it makes me a bit sad.  What makes it harder is when you feel what may come to pass, which is never a positive thing, and then outcome will be that much harder.  What do you do? 

I choose to live for me.  I choose to love and support my family and friends.  And I choose to have the wisdom to keep moving forward and not dwell or hold on to the past as it does nothing but weigh you down.  I wish others could see that as well.  Until next time...elizinashe. 
May We All Find Lasting Love

No comments: