Thursday, April 12, 2018

Messages From Where?

😼 A Memory From a Peep 😼
Do you believe in "signs"?  Not the signs you see on the road or a billboard.  Not even the kind you see in the stores for advertisements.  But those little inexplicable "signs" that pop up at the most unexpected way and usually at the right time if you know what I mean. 

I believe in signs.  Always have.  I do believe that there is someone or something that pushes us along or gives us that little bit of encouragement when we need it the most or need that boost of faith when our spirits are down.  I also believe there are signs that give us warning in order to prepare for the future.  But those kind of signs in my life are quite few. 

It's been a little over two weeks since Hecubus made his exit.  It's getting a bit easier but that first week was certainly hard.  I kept looking for him when I went upstairs, expecting him to be perched on the couch-but he wasn't.  I kept looking at his food feeding area to see what he ate-but he didn't.  I kept looking for him on the bed, waiting for me to crawl in so he could get up in my face-but he wasn't there.  Coming home in the mornings from work have been a challenge.  I've missed his complaints and prancing around because I had been gone all night long.  I've missed his grunts and headbutts.  I've missed him lying on top of me when I'm on the couch.  That part I really miss. 

However, I feel like that first week without him, I was given little signs of hope and love as I moved through the grieving process over my beloved old man kitty.  And it was those little moments that has made the transition so much easier.  Instead of feeling sad it has made my heart a bit happier. 

Shortly after he passed, I stepped out on my back deck to reflect and prepare myself to take his body to the vet for cremation.  What I found odd was that there were three crows just walking around behind my house.  Now you may find that creepy or not unusual in any sort of way, but I found it rather interesting and comforting.  Yes, crows are quite common in our neighborhood, but that quiet moment of seeing those three crows left me knowing that his passing was a good thing.  Depending on your folklore and beliefs, crows are actually a good thing.  They are often regarded as "messengers" from this life to the next.  They are actually a sign of health and wealth.  Now if you see many crows, then that's a whole other story.  Unless there's a whole bunch of food somewhere.  haha..

The next day, my friend and I had plans penciled in and we kept to those plans.  And I'm glad we did.  As we were leaving my neighborhood, we saw a bluebird fly across the road and perch himself in a nearby tree.  That was the first time I saw a bluebird ever in my hood.  It left my heart feeling happy. 

Yes...it was a hard week.  And some days it's still hard.  But my heart is at peace.  I miss him terribly but again, I am so thankful for the way he left this Earth.  And I am so thankful that I was his human.  I couldn't imagine what my life would have been like without him.  He was one special kitty. 

Hecubus passed on Palm Sunday.  I got his ashes on Good Friday and when I stepped out on my deck Easter Sunday, I saw butterfly flit about my deck and around my house.  I felt like it was his way of visiting me and letting me know he's okay.  It made me a bit sad for the moment but it also made my heart a bit happier that day.  I find it a bit strange that all this happened on such a Christian holiday week too.  Is that some sort of sign? 

Maybe I'm reading a bit too deep in all these little things that happened that first week.  But I just can't help feeling like I had a lot of support from someone or something to keep me from falling apart.  And I will always be grateful for that.  As I have said so many times before, it's the little things is it not?  Until next time...elizinashe
💗 I Just Love This 💗

No comments: