Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Posthumous Post

😎 Yo Daddy-O !  😎
So I wrote this little ditty a few weeks back in the wee hours at work.  I wasn't able to sign in on my blog due to work computer/internet rules so I just wrote it as a document, printed it off and put it in my bag.  I pretty much forgot about it until I rediscovered it and still feel the need to post it.  So here ya go...hope you enjoy.  It's a bit different from my norm.  I kind of like that.


Dead of night, feeling trapped-no windows here.  Sure would like to see what's going on outside. Better yet, I'd like to feel what's going on outside. 


I have many hours to go...no book to read here.  Damn...my mind is blank and wandering at the same time.  How can that be?

I'm trying hard to just "go with it".  New changes in my world. Good things.  But I have forgotten the other things too in my new distraction. Or is it an addition?

Don't know the answer to that yet.  Guess I will find out sooner or later.  The little insecurity monster sure does like to take a few stomps in my head.  And I hate that.  I wish he would go away.  But then there are moments when I'm totally at peace and I have no worries, no fears.  I like those moments.  I also like those little inexplicable boosters to keep me on the right path.  If you catch my drift...

Sounding like a beatnik I am?  Sure do feel that vibe tonight.  Too much Waites maybe.  Maybe it's the weather.  Mother Nature sure does have a tug on me some days.  The spin around the state map certainly is a big one.

Just a few more hours I say as I look at the clock click, click, clicking away with its cheap second hand.  Maybe I will paint it a cheery color.  I think it could use some perking up.

Doo-do-doo my phone says.  I have a message!  Short and sweet it is but a welcomed on for sure.  Strange how things are sometimes.  Still learning about that jazz.  Maybe I was never given the right lesson to begin with.  Or did I flunk it already?  Or multiple times?  Sure is hard to know.

Wish I were in San Francisco right now.  That's the kind of vibe I'm feeling tonight.  Wet, foggy streets.  Jazz on the sidewalk.  Smoke from a bar.  Although I think they are all smoke free but you get my drift.  Maybe there's a beatnik trapped inside of me after all.  Maybe that soul is trying to escape.

Edging closer and closer to the next moment.  A brief escape that is-maybe I  feel that Bay are breeze coming across the map.  Maybe the pull of the fog will push this mental much out of my brain.  Makes me want to start snapping my fingers.  Cool, man cool.

Ya dig?

Until next time...elizinashe.
☕ Smooth Man Smooth  ☕

No comments: