Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas my fellow readers!

Most of you are probably tucked away in your beds after some celebrations and libations with loved ones or constructing your child's toy for that big surprise from Santa...either way I hope your night has been one to cherish.

For me, Christmas is about spending time with friends and family. I get more pleasure out of having a table full of people and mounds of good food than I do exchanging gifts. Now, I do like to shop for my friends and stuff, or sending out some holiday cards but for the actual event in itself, I'd much rather be around a small gaggle of fun peoples talking and laughing all night. Forget about wanting the latest and greatest gadget. I'd rather have my holiday memories based in being with the people that I love the most. I'd have to thank my mother for planting those kind of roots for it is from her that I learned these things. I can't wait until Christmas Day...it will be a table full of ecletic peoples at my mother's place in the mountains with Dad's smoked turkey (his specialty) and mom's cranberry fruit salad and many contributions from neighboring gardens and hearty ovens. yum...

And so, my wish for you my fellow readers is also to be surrounded with love from many and have a table blessed with good food to share. May you all stay up too late from visiting with loved ones and your bellies be sore from laughter. Wake up late, drink coffee until noon and bust out the board games and have a marathon game day. Enjoy your holiday time and take lots of pictures. You might get lucky in capturing that one 'embarrassing moment' on film for everyone to remember that 'one special holiday'. hee-hee. Merry Christmas!
elizinashe

4 comments:

Bernie said...

The Christmas you describe is a lot like the ones I enjoyed as a kid. Mine was quiet this year - just my wife and our three dogs - but very enjoyable in it's own way. My wife wraps dog toys up for each dog and we help them open their presents. Then we give each other presents. This year she gave me more items for my growing tool collection, one tool at a time so there were many presents to open.

By the way, I might be visiting your town again this year. Anything special happening in late April?

Merry Christmas

elizinashe said...

Sounds like a lovely Christmas for you..sometimes having a quiet and simple holiday is more refreshing than the typical hussle and bussle.
April is a good time of year to visit. It's not quite so crowded with visitors and the flowers usually start blooming after their long winter nap and the weather is quite nice. My mom has a little house for vacation rentals about 30 minutes from town if that interests you...enjoy your Christmas and your new 'toys'. :)
eliz

Bernie said...

Hi Eliz - does that vacation house have a website? I'd probably like to stay closer to town, but I'm open to other options. I stayed at a hotel on Tunnel Rd. near the mall last time. Slightly above average but very convenient.

elizinashe said...

Hey Bernie,
Sorry, no internet but it is peaceful and less than a mile from a whitewater rafting company. fun,fun! Either way, it was just a thought. Hope you make it down in April! Have a great New Year!