Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm a Star Wars Geek Too


Star Wars fans prepare to be jealous. I was having some snacks and libations with an older gentleman friend of mine to catch up on each other's lives and have our 'monthly check in'. Nothing to really brag about other than good conversation and a few drinks as we vent and talk about our busy lives.

Much to my surprise there was a holiday gift for me. A nice small box which contained the latest Yoda stamps nicely framed. (Stamps you say? Big deal).It does look pretty cool I must admit even though it's nothing more than some postage stamps. But, as I was admiring how nicely it really looked, the bartender puts yet another box on top of the bar, rather large mind you, nicely wrapped with black paper and a big gold bow on top, similar to the small Yoda box. I was rather shocked. I could not think of what it might have been,this was totally unexpected. I was happy with my Yoda stamps. Although it was the size of a crock pot, I knew that was not what was inside of this big, black box. It was so nicely done, I kind of hated to tear up the paper...but alas my curiosity got the better of me and I happily ripped the paper to open up the contents of this most unexpected surprise from my friend.

Get ready folks because here it comes...so I opened this thing with a restaurant full of people only to find my very own miniture R2D2 Robot!!! I could not believe it!! I truly felt like a child again...it was a very cool feeling!! I was speechless and excited at the same time. I had seen the mini R2 in a catalog last year and almost bought one for myself but decided against it because I had other priorities to be responsible for and really didn't need to spend that extravagance on myself, or so I thought.

So here it is a year later after having a challenging year and a few weeks of a social life before school starts up again and I am the recipient of an R2 Robot toy. How cool is that? I haven't taken him out of his plastic nest just yet. I'm still in awe of actually having such a toy at my age. He's just so cool. He's programable to do different 'tricks', follow me around and make all those R2 noises that we are all familiar with. I can't wait to see how the cats react! Oh this is going to be so much fun!! I'm trying to figure out how I can make a mini-mop so he can clean my floors while I'm at work. Now, that would be cool!! I think I'm going to need a LiteSaber next...hey Nan, you wanna come over and play??? LOL elizinashe

No comments: