Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Wood Brothers


We have a really cool listener supported radio station here in town that plays all kinds of great music. They support local acts as well as up and coming artists that aren't so top 40 or the flavor of the month. I wish I could buy everything that I hear and like, but let's get real folks...I'd go into debt from buying too many cds. However, there has been one band that I really dig and I just couldn't shake it off my mind. Luckily I found a copy of their latest at Best Buy of all places and I am sooo happy that I bought it. I've listened to it about 4 times already. It's not my typical genre of music, but I'm digging it regardless. My favorite tune is Postcards from Hell. Great little tune with a wonderfully delicate guitar melody. According to their website, both brothers have had their own independant musical careers, one being a member of Medeski, Martin and Wood, and have come together for their own blend of music. It's a really great album. The front man sounds like Van Morrison at times and Levon Helms at other times. Not a bad mix if you ask me. If you're looking for something fresh and new check these dudes out. It's a nice change from the same ol' same ol. Muscially happy...elizinashe

Oh yeah, their new album is called Loaded. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: