Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random Post

Greetings my fellow readers! Yes, I'm still around...just haven't had anything good to say. I have been quite busy now that school has started back up for me. I have my first test this coming Monday night. Hormones and Blood...oooo how exciting you say! I know you are completely jealous but please do try to contain yourself. ha-ha.
I have been keeping abreast of this hurricane season. I am thankful that Gustav lost some of his ommph, however we do have two more that are a-brewing which could effect our area in the long run. As always, it can jack up gas and oil prices and if we have some heavy rains or winds from anything it will certainly finish off some already sickly trees in my yard as well as topple my neighbors tree that's already leaning against another tree in the back boundaries of my yard. I can just see a domino effect happening here when it does fall if they don't cut it up soon. I really don't want to wake up to the sound of trees falling all around me or on top of my roof where I sleep!! That's not a very nice way to wake up.
I have been very curious about the Democratic and up-coming Republican convention speeches. This is such an important election, or at least I think so. I've been tuning in now that the time is getting much closer. I thought Obama spoke very well. I'm curious as to what this Alaskan governor chic has to say. She came out of nowhere...and I'm very curious as to what McCain has to preach about. This is quite an election coming about. I'm not a very political person but I find myself becoming very involved as to what these candidates have to say and what they 'promise' to do for our country. I am proud to have the opportunity to vote in this election. I will definately vote in this election.
Last but not least, my dear friends who live in California will be in town this weekend for a friend's wedding which means some wonderful girly time and some bonding time with their baby boy which I have yet to see!! He's about 4 months old now. I am looking forward to treking about our downtown area with one of my closest girly friends with baby in tow having some long overdue bonding time complete with hugs & kisses and baby poop as the added bonus. woo-hoo! I have finally made the dive into the digital world and bought a new camera so this will give me an opportunity to take a ridiculous amount of pictures to test it all out. Yea!! I can't wait...So that's the latest and greatest. On a trival side note, I've seen Mamma Mia twice now and I hope to catch it one last time on the big screen at the local Brew n View before it totally leaves town. I just loved it! I loved the 'escape' that it gave me, the humor was great and of course I was totally diggin' the music. I'm ready to make my escape to Greece myself...who's got their bags packed? ha-ha. If you haven't seen it yet then I highly suggest that you do if it's still playing in your area. It's just a fun movie. A perfect escape from life itself. We all need that every now and then, right? In the meantime, stay well, laugh out loud and don't forget to vote!! elizinashe

No comments: