Monday, August 24, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin


I am officially off work until the end of next week. Woo-Hoo!!! I leave for a much needed vacation Thursday morning and will arrive in the arms of a very special friend for a long weekend of catching up, hanging with her wonderful hubby, playing my role as the 'inappropriate aunt' to their 1 year old and catching a Dave Matthews concert to wind things down. Not a bad gig, eh?

Tomorrow will be the mad rush to clean, finish laundry, get the cat sitter primed and act like a manic patient trying to get things done all in one day without overloading myself. (I plan to leave on Wed so I can catch my flight Thursday morning.) Panic will set in later I'm sure as it usually happens. I tend to worry that I'm going to forget something or my car will break down or there will be some sort of crisis in my home while I'm away....I do tend to become Chicken Little at times. ('the sky is falling! the sky is falling!!) I hope I'm not the only one who does that. However, once I get my groove going on and just do each task one at a time then I'm good. I just wish I could wiggle my nose and have everything done in a wink and then I wouldn't stress about it so much. I could pack up my car and be on my way to vay-cay land. Such a lovely place to visit don't ya think? elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Hey Ms. Chicken Little - a sneak peek of tomorrow's post on my blog to help you think a day past the pre-vaycay insanity: life's not the breaths you take... but the moments that take your breath away. You are going to have such a great time!!!