Monday, September 7, 2009

Wants Vs. Needs

I have the need to redecorate. I go through phases where I really want to buy new furniture or replace what is no longer needed. It's not really a priority, never has been but however I'm really tired of feeling like I still live in the post-college era of furniture. I have some nice stuff don't get me wrong but the functionality of the pieces I'm looking to replace no longer suits me. It's a selfish act really. But in my mind, if I could replace what I want then it would clear up some more space in my tiny little abode and consolidate a corner that feels cluttery.
What I really need is to pay my bills first. Which includes my impending crown coming this Wednesday. What I really need is to get rid of the clutter I no longer use and keep everything else organized. What I really need is to get back into preparing for a placement test and talking with the nursing program people so I can apply for Fall 2010 & hopefully be accepted this time.
But what I want is a new computer/office desk, a new receiver for my broken stereo that has been dead for the last 3 or 4 years and a new tv stand instead of the sad little blue end table that it now calls it home. What I want is more space. But I can't afford to move right now. I wish I had a pile of money so I could buy a nice little bungalow like I've always wanted and really redecorate. But I know that impulse buying is not always such a good thing. The Id is strong today. I don't need anything fancy. I don't even like fancy things. I just want something better. Is that too much to ask? elizinashe

2 comments:

Bernie said...

A need can enable a want. Stick with that nursing program dream and one day you'll be commuting home from the hospital to your nicely decorated bungalow. If anyone can do it, you can!! :)

elizinashe said...

thanks! and in the words of dave...
'what I want is what I not got
'what I need is all around me'