Sunday, September 27, 2009

Curiosities


There is a house on my way home that apparently has new occupants. There is a big white sign on the lawn advertising Tarot & Psychic Readings with a special of $10. Hmm.... I've always been fascinated by the 'spirit world' and the like. I have had my cards read a few times and have some very intuitive friends who tell me what I want to know. But yet, it hasn't stopped me from stopping in such places from time to time just to see what my host has to say.
I haven't seen a reader in a long time. I almost went with a friend of mine back in June when we were hitting all the Goodwills and 2nd hand stores while our other friend was recovering from surgery in Winston Salem. But we deemed it unnecessary and moved on. Now this place pops up five minutes from where I live with the economical price of $10. Hmm...
I am tempted. I have many unanswered questions regarding my career, parents, the love life,(or lack there of) and so forth. The typical stuff. Now I know that things always change and nothing is set in stone unless you want it that way. But I can't help wanting that little push of advice to point me in the right direction or most importantly to prepare myself, especially when it comes to the parents. I have pretty good instincts myself and have some strange intuitive knowings but I guess it never hurts to listen to some other sources of advice.
I know that there are alot of people who thinks this kind of thing is nothing but a crackpot. And some truly are a joke. I don't live my life by these things and do exactly what these readers tell me to do but I have had some uncanny experiences. I suppose it wouldn't totally hurt to give in to this curiosity especially for ten bucks. So what's the harm & what do you think? elizinashe

3 comments:

Bernie said...

hmm, that's about the same price as a movie - probably the same entertainment value too. You do have good instincts yourself, so this is probably just a unique way to spend a few minutes passing the time some afternoon. Well, that's my 2 cents worth. (I guess my advice is cheaper)

Lee said...

Go for it! LOL!! You should know I'd say do it....remember we had our cards read when I came to Asheville. :)
I haven't looked at mine in a looooong time.
Love you!

elizinashe said...

Bernie you're right. Same as a movie but without all the date hassle. Probably more worth it.

Lee, it's a done deal. I just have to do it!